F/i Intake Manifolds

AKSSS

I have been goin back through all the old threads on here just trying to get myself up to date with everything everyone else has already learned and I found a few diffrent threads about guys blowing a hole in the side of the block on the # 7 cylinder. Riddler is just down the road from me and he had problems with more than one motor with that issue. So I am wondering what is the best manifold to use when running f/i? I saw an article or two on the new edelbrock xt manifold but didn't see anything with people running it yet. What is the best options to go with? What should I be concidering when I upgrade my manifold, if I need to?

You can run stock. I run the super vic jr with the edlbrock elbow and 90mm tb

I have been goin back through all the old threads on here just trying to get myself up to date with everything everyone else has already learned and I found a few diffrent threads about guys blowing a hole in the side of the block on the # 7 cylinder. Riddler is just down the road from me and he had problems with more than one motor with that issue. So I am wondering what is the best manifold to use when running f/i? I saw an article or two on the new edelbrock xt manifold but didn't see anything with people running it yet. What is the best options to go with? What should I be concidering when I upgrade my manifold, if I need to?

the stock intakes work . there is alot of theory on why #7 fails. some thing its air flow but w2w did test on this by turning the intke manifold back wards and #7 was still an issue. another theory is coolant flow in the head.

only thing bad with an aluminum intake manifold is heat soak . ive been debating on going to a sheet metal for my new build but still undecided.

the stock intakes work . there is alot of theory on why #7 fails. some thing its air flow but w2w did test on this by turning the intke manifold back wards and #7 was still an issue. another theory is coolant flow in the head.

Yea, I feel it is a combo of airflow and coolant flow. Adding the rear coolant crossover tube instead of plugs seems like a good idea as well.

I am waiting to see results for the results of the new Eddlebrock intake with boost. :cheers:

Yea, I feel it is a combo of airflow and coolant flow. Adding the rear coolant crossover tube instead of plugs seems like a good idea as well.

I am waiting to see results for the results of the new Eddlebrock intake with boost. :cheers:

Well I guess I will continue to run my stock intake then. Untill I learn other wise. Thanks for the info guys. Still learning. Can't wait to get out on the track and see what I can run this summer. This turbo has been a handfull and quite a learning experience.

run the stock intake till your over 1k in power. the rear cylinder is in relation to coolant. to help prevent any issue is to tune little rich. i shoot for target 11.0 with high boost levels. ppl running around at 12.0 might see a gain of 5hp more then a 11.0 tune but no reason to risk the motor.