Hypertech

catdaddy300

now i know how much yall hate the plug tuners and what not and i do want to get my computer tuned but i have a fella here with i think a 04 or maybe 05 ss and he did get the hypertech tuner and i was wondering if i should plug it into mine and give it a little tune or no????????? any opinions

ok depending on the year of his tuck vs ur truck, it may not work. my buddy gave me his from his 03 silverado b4 i did all my work when it was stock and it worked but when we put it on an 04 it didnt. same thing with an 04 to an 03 truck. if his is a 2006 and urs is 2005 i would look up hypertechs listing of vehicles for the model that should be on the back of it.

Yeah you will see a little more power when you use a hypertech , But whatever you do, DON'T waist your money on one, I had a Hypertech on my 06 SS for about a year, I just sold it and got a Wheatley tune done by mail,,,And DAMN what a Differance!,,My truck pulls SOOO much harder with the Wheatley tune vs the Hypertech,,,Trust me Get a real tune and you'll Love it.

sorry i feel dumb, but, whats a mail order tune? whats it do? and how much is it?

it's what what ya have to do when you don't have anyone in your area to tune your truck in person, I got mine from Wheatley, You can either send him a pcm to tune and return to you, or pay an upfront core charge and once you get the tuned pcm by mail, return your old one for a refund on the core charge,,it cost me about a hundred less than a Hypertech and got me twice the power.