Aluminun Spacers For Mezeire Electric Water Pump.

allballz57

I have a mezeire electric water pump for an LS1 and if you want it to fit properly you need to space it out nearly 1/2 inch to line up with the accesories,since the gaskets are 8 bucks each I figured I could have some milled from aluminum for about the same money as stacking gaskets,I'm not looking to turn a profit but rather help out guys that already have an EWP or plan to get one,we will be milling these this weekend so if you want a set let me know as it would be nice to do them all at once. I am sure the more guys we have the cheaper it will be but look for them to be in the 50 dollar range,we have two designs planned,one with the stock gaskets on either side and one with o-rings and no stock gaskets,let me know which you would prefer. We are planning for the no o-ring spacers to be 3/8" ad the o-ringed spacers to be 1/2".

Edited by allballz57 (see edit history)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a mezeire electric water pump for an LS1 and if you want it to fit properly you need to space it out nearly 1/2 inch to line up with the accesories,since the gaskets are 8 bucks each I figured I could have some milled from aluminum for about the same money as stacking gaskets,I'm not looking to turn a profit but rather help out guys that already have an EWP or plan to get one,we will be milling these this weekend so if you want a set let me know as it would be nice to do them all at once. I am sure the more guys we have the cheaper it will be but look for them to be in the 50 dollar range,we have two designs planned,one with the stock gaskets on either side and one with o-rings and no stock gaskets,let me know which you would prefer. We are planning for the no o-ring spacers to be 3/8" ad the o-ringed spacers to be 1/2".

Do you know if i'll need this spacer for the trailblazer ss?

i believe shadowsniper3006 had some fabbed up:

Shadowsniper3006 spacers

I can't take credit for it,that is where I got the idea. Brad actually offered to make me a set, but he had to do them at work and since jobs are hard to come by these days I didn't want to see him get in trouble on my account.PLus I have a guy near me that does some milling so I just hit him up,his rates are reasonable enough.

Danny I will end you a pic of the O-ringed version when it's done.

Anyone else interested?

if the price is right, i'd probably snatch some up just in case.

I thought about mass producing these as well since we have a CNC where I work but I don't think enough people have an ewp to make it worth it. Good luck though.

it would be a build to order basis for sure.

Anyone else interested?

Can you post a picture of the 2 designs or are they still in the development stage? For $50, I would be interested.

Changing the spacing distance may require spacing / cutting down of the stock tensioner since the tensioner mounts to the EWP. At the measurements you provided, I believe longer WP bolts will be required as well. Just some info for others considering doing the EWP swap.

Edited by Krambo (see edit history)

Can you post a picture of the 2 designs or are they still in the development stage? For $50, I would be interested.

Changing the spacing distance may require spacing / cutting down of the stock tensioner since the tensioner mounts to the EWP. At the measurements you provided, I believe longer WP bolts will be required as well. Just some info for others considering doing the EWP swap.

We have a prototype that has been made from teflon (plastic),we are trying to make sure the ports are matched to the block perfectly and he has been making slight adjustments to the program daily,I will see how close it is to being perfect and get some pics of the teflon prototype.I didn't take the stock tensioner into account as I will be using a comp cams billet tensioner,which I recommend doing with the swap,as it was highly recommended for me.

Once we get the prototype perfect,we will mill another thicker one and mill it for the o-rings,and when that is done we will start milling the aluminum finished product.

I thought about mass producing these as well since we have a CNC where I work but I don't think enough people have an ewp to make it worth it. Good luck though.

We are not really trying to make a buck,just help people out since we are going to do it either way,I didn't figure there would be more than 5-6 people that would want them..........now if there was 100 people,I might want to turn a profit!!!!

yes longer bolts are needed, i used cap screws instead of bolts

the comp cams tensioner will have to be spaced out as well, i never measured my spacing because i used washers....i was in a hurry and didn't want to go back to work after 3 hours of developing the spacers but i should do that as well.

and the comp cams tensioner works very well in this set up for any one looking to get away from the stock spring tensioner. I measured the "pressure" of the stock tensioner with a torque wrench and it moved at 100 inch pounds so thats how i set the comp cams tensioner. At least for my NA set up, not sure how the FI would change this. I also used the larger 100mm idler pulleys from reichard racing. The tensioner pulley has the ribs in it for the belt and the idler pulley is the smooth one for the back side of the belt. Both pulleys needed a little machining to fit right on our trucks but looks cool and would give the FI guys more belt wrap as well. If any one is interested i could get some pics of it all as well. Pretty cool set up but machining is needed.

sorry for the spelling, i'm at work and typing as fast as i can...all of 10 words per minute!

Brad

yes longer bolts are needed, i used cap screws instead of bolts

the comp cams tensioner will have to be spaced out as well, i never measured my spacing because i used washers....i was in a hurry and didn't want to go back to work after 3 hours of developing the spacers but i should do that as well.

and the comp cams tensioner works very well in this set up for any one looking to get away from the stock spring tensioner. I measured the "pressure" of the stock tensioner with a torque wrench and it moved at 100 inch pounds so thats how i set the comp cams tensioner. At least for my NA set up, not sure how the FI would change this. I also used the larger 100mm idler pulleys from reichard racing. The tensioner pulley has the ribs in it for the belt and the idler pulley is the smooth one for the back side of the belt. Both pulleys needed a little machining to fit right on our trucks but looks cool and would give the FI guys more belt wrap as well. If any one is interested i could get some pics of it all as well. Pretty cool set up but machining is needed.

sorry for the spelling, i'm at work and typing as fast as i can...all of 10 words per minute!

Brad

Can you post pcs of the pulleys? sounds interesting!