Trailer Brake Controller On The Sss

Whopper809

Usually you have to buy a vehicle specific wire harness that has the plug on one end and loose wires on the other. If you got a tow package with your truck, it should have been included in the glove box, but mine was missing. You plug the "plug end" under the dash, and then connect the wires to the wires on your brake controller. And don't forget the fuse mentioned

I mounted my brake controller right above my right knee

IMG_1711.jpg

only had to drill into the metal just behind the plastic for the mounting screws. That way, when it is removed, there are no holes left in the plastic.

IMG_1712.jpg

And don't forget the fuse mentioned

missingfuse.JPG

Edited by dcairns (see edit history)

I didn't have to add the fuse. Also some of the controllers will have a direct plug and play harness for your truck. My prodigy controller did so i didn't need to splice anything.

Also I think I have the harness dcairns is talking about somewhere. If you go that route you can have it for the price of shipping, just have to find it

not sure about the 05 sss as you have but my 03 was a plug and play situation, plug it in, your done! I'm running a prodigy controller with no issues

I agree- I have an 03. Simple plug under the steering wheel to the brake controller.