Street Scene chrome bowtie and Volant Intake

jrock80

Yeah it was a mix between a bunch of things. When I put the drop on the AWD started making wierd noises and horrible vibration on the highway. It was rougher than hell. More than that, I needed a car that is reliable and wont depriciate $2000 every month. My insurance went down $400 a year, my payment was cut by $200 and I will save at least $200 in gas per month. You guys will laugh, but I bought an 04 Civic. I know the SS is powerful and fast but this little thing is like a go-kart. Its a blast to drive and I have already put 200 miles on it and used just less than half a tank of gas. $20 fillups of regular 87 gas wont be so bad anymore, especially when prices hit $2.50 a gallon around here.

So anyone intested make me an offer on my intake and chrome street scenes bowtie (brand new in the packaging).

Don't worry about it man. I can relate with you about that. That's one thing I really hate about our trucks, resale. I know vehicles are the worst investment in the world but I thought they would hold their value a little better. But hey, sometimes you just have to drive it and enjoy the ride.

And pass Honda Civics... :D

$250 is alittle steep even for a slightly used volant ( ebay $245 plus $12.00 shipping for new) but I would be willing to go $220 with free shipping. Does it have the hole in the bottom for the ram air tube? Let me know maybe we can haggle alittle.

an investement is something that will go up in value and since vehicles loose their value and if they ever go up in value it will be many years before that happens, so you can't really call a new vehicle an investement unless you are going to hang on to it for twenty plus years and even then it is questionable if the value will ever go above what we paid. I know their are lots of vehicles that appreciated but it took many years for that to happen. As far as the gas milage, don't forget that the SS holds 26 gallons and the Honda holds far less. I have the SS and an 03 civic and they both get about the same amout of miles per tank of fuel. It is just a difference in how fast one burns it. Anyway, not trying to start anything, just an observation.

You will like the Honda. It is a very reliable and economical vehicle. I enjoy my SS but I agree with you the extra money on the payments and the fuel costs are a bit high, but then most of us knew that when we got them! Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived