The Deadening Post Dynamat Hush Mat Roadkill Etc...

fast4popper

great post I am in the process of doing this right now. I started with the roof when i did the headliner awhile back. now I'm working on tht rest pretty slowly. I did a little research on the net and found rammatt product. It is very sticky and had a good price , and seems to be working as they said it would. I have had alot noise with this truck so i'm trying to do a really good job at killing this. I did notice a diffrents right away when I did the roof as I also foam filled the a-pillers and other spots around the roof line and sealed up the rear windows.

I'm also upgrading my stero system but I will post that up later I figuer i got about 2 months to finish.

here some pic of the project.

truck002-1.jpg

truck005.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome pics!! NOW thats the real way to deaden a truck!! keep them pics coming.

as for outter and inner skins, outter means the skin toward the outside of the door. inner is the skin that the interior door panel mounts too. you can see it real well in his last pic of the rear door.

glad you are taking pictures. i wish i had more than i do of my build

so this rammat....and dynamat ive herd rllly good things for both....anyone have any advise to sway me either way? i dont know much about this deadener but i wanna do it to my truck to help the radio out and maybe help out some exhaust drone.....

also anyone know the life expectancy of this stuff? is it good for ever or will it need to be replaced for some reason? like i sed i know nuthin about this stuff!

thanks alot for anyhelp

so this rammat....and dynamat ive herd rllly good things for both....anyone have any advise to sway me either way? i dont know much about this deadener but i wanna do it to my truck to help the radio out and maybe help out some exhaust drone.....

also anyone know the life expectancy of this stuff? is it good for ever or will it need to be replaced for some reason? like i sed i know nuthin about this stuff!

thanks alot for anyhelp

its a touchy feely type thing. i have never played with Rammat. get a small sample of each and see what is more worth it to you and your wallet.

as for life expectancy, it will NEVER come off. i mean never! its some nasty chit, and works as it says. sand blasting might get it off. MIGHT!

• 1 year later...

why? not bein a smart ass, just askin? yes its heavy, thats why its called deadening. it lowers the resinant frequency of what its adheared too, via weight. I can tell you this, 9 sheets, the amount in a Stinger BULK pack (36 square feet) weighs 23 pounds. so for 3 bulk packs, enough to easily do a whole cabin of our trucks, it would add under 70 pounds. WELL worth it in my books. but hey, once again, who the heck am I?? :jester:

as for lowering the drone of exhaust, yes it will. IN all honesty Deadening isnt to stop rattles, while it does do that, it is more used to lower the resinant frequency of the cabin so that you have a lower noise floor in your vehicle. it makes it more comfortable, and sound better, weather it be the audio system you are listening to, or the person in the cabin with you.

Correction. Dynamat states on their website their "extreme" product weighs 0.45lbs per sq ft. If you go by the calculations at the beginning of this post 90 sq ft would weigh 40.5lbs. If you wanted to do the inside of the doors and used 108 sq ft (3 extreme bulk packs) it would only weigh 48.6lbs.

Chris, some advanced questions:

Have you ever added additional bracing to the roof? It seems to me that the roof panel is *huge* and has no bracing at all. I am thinking of adding another side-to-side brace, and maybe even extending the front-to-back brace as well, and foam-filling all of it. Lastly, after all that added structure, covering the roof with a foil-lined mat product. Any opinions on this idea (reinforcing the roof panel)?

Someone here mentioned spraying foam into the A-pillars - how about spraying foam into the upper sections of the doors too, like around the window frames? How about foam-filling above/around the rear window & back wall of the cab?

I think that the rear wall of the cab would be a big sound offender, have you seen any really good way to reinforce the rear wall of the cab? Or is the most practical idea just to cover it with mat?

Mr. P. :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

Chris, some advanced questions:

Have you ever added additional bracing to the roof? It seems to me that the roof panel is *huge* and has no bracing at all. I am thinking of adding another side-to-side brace, and maybe even extending the front-to-back brace as well, and foam-filling all of it. Lastly, after all that added structure, covering the roof with a foil-lined mat product. Any opinions on this idea (reinforcing the roof panel)?

Someone here mentioned spraying foam into the A-pillars - how about spraying foam into the upper sections of the doors too, like around the window frames? How about foam-filling above/around the rear window & back wall of the cab?

I think that the rear wall of the cab would be a big sound offender, have you seen any really good way to reinforce the rear wall of the cab? Or is the most practical idea just to cover it with mat?

Mr. P. :)

Check this site out. ----------->http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/diyma-member-build-logs/11842-04-silverado-progress-so-far.html