What State Do You Wish You Lived In?

Puglia10

I wish I went to college in a different state than I grew up in, but I didn't think of it much then. I am sick of MA weather...WINTER, winter wheels, huge pot holes, salt, rust, only use my motorcycle 4 months of the year, freezing at work, shoveling, etc. I want to move after school while Im not held down by a job and family and stuff. Just pick up and move.

I was thinking Arizona, but I think it might be too hot, plus no ocean. Maybe the carolinas? Florida? I dunno.....So what state do you wish you could live in? Where do you/have you lived? Expensive to live there? What do you like/dislike about it? Any experiences/opinions are welcome. Thanks!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I grew up in NY, live now in NJ. I can do without both of them. :) Arizona is one place I will consider for when I retire. I have visited there 3 or 4 times. It is beautiful, with various climates. It gets hot as hell around Phoenix, but not as bad up by Flagstaff. Yes there's no ocean, but think of it has having lots of beach! :) Carolinas are nice, Florida OK. It's a tough choice. When I do move, I won't have the problem of continuing my career. I'd probably just have to look for some part time, old man thing. Good luck.

F nevada

give me California and/or Iowa

Ventura California: perfect weather, beach, islands, small town ect ect ect...

Villisca Iowa: even smaller town, large properties, no light pollution, no sound pollution, freedom ect ect ect.

AZ is one place I'd think about. NC or SC wouldn't be too bad. I've got a college buddy living in NC and he's not too far from the beach. First time I took vacation in Destin, FL I really wanted to move there for a few years but I worked from the office at the time so no go on that. Now I work from home and could move down there but I've got a 2 and half year old daughter with my ex so I'm not moving any time soon. If I didn't have family holding me here, I'd probably move to FL or a few years and then maybe AZ or TX. CA might not be too bad but housing out there is expensive, even if it is going down. Hawaii would be the place to live but not going to happen for me unless I win the powerball tonight lol :jester: I've lived my whole life in KY and it's not too bad. small town life with only a few decent sized cities.

I have only ever lived in NY. I really want to visit Alaska, but wouldnt live there. I dont think I could move away from all my family and friends. If I had to choose I would say Texas, Colorado, or the Carolina's. I want to have lots of land to be able to hunt, go trail riding etc. But the Carolina's would be nice, warm and the beach ok.

Lived in PA, liked it there for the most part, was about 1.5hrs from the beach or mountains but when it would be 20 degrees out and somehow rain I was pissed. If there was more snow I would of stayed most likely but the weather was just all over the place.

In AZ now and yes its hot as hell in the summer but worth it. A pool helps out great, at night its nice plus cali and LV are only 4hr's away. We may not have the ocean close by but there are so many Lakes with beaches on them that are cool to go to. The terrain is really nice as well with tons of mountains of all rock, etc. I think if I move again it will either be back east to be closer to family or possibly Oregon (not sure why but always wanted to check it out)

Cali baby!! Well Texas would be my other choice. El paso, or san antonio. Never been to san Antonio but I would love to go. Iam not really a fan of snow, never seen it, but I think ill stick to my hot, sticky, and amazing sunny state! Dislikes,huumm....nothing too big to complain yet! Lol.

I just moved from Oregon to Arizona, and im planning on staying here in Arizona for a while and i like it so far. One day i plan on returning to Oregon thats where i want to raise my children (in the future of course). Thats where i was born and raised and i love it, and most of my family lives there.

I live in PA and hate winters here. It's been cold (single digits) and snowing a lot these past 2 months and I'm sick and tired of it. I like the area abut hate the weather. Summer here is ok but the last few summers we seem to get weeks of none stop rain. If I had no job or family keeping me here, I would look into moving to the Carolina's.

Lived in PA, liked it there for the most part, was about 1.5hrs from the beach or mountains but when it would be 20 degrees out and somehow rain I was pissed. If there was more snow I would of stayed most likely but the weather was just all over the place.

In AZ now and yes its hot as hell in the summer but worth it. A pool helps out great, at night its nice plus cali and LV are only 4hr's away. We may not have the ocean close by but there are so many Lakes with beaches on them that are cool to go to. The terrain is really nice as well with tons of mountains of all rock, etc. I think if I move again it will either be back east to be closer to family or possibly Oregon (not sure why but always wanted to check it out)

Oregon is awesome and the most beautiful state i have ever been, just stay away from the willamette valley (Portland, Salem, Eugene etc..) It rains way to much and its foggy alot and is kind of depressing especially being use to Arizona. IMO the best places to live in Oregon are in the southern part and east of the cascades (Medford, Klamath Falls, Bend) still beautiful without the depressing rain

Born and raised in Albuquerque New Mexico and lived in NM for my hole life. AZ was cool for the total of 5 days and 2hrs i've ever been there. NM is cool and has its good and bad parts, would possibly go to AZ or TX but mostly i would like a place where my property cannot be distroyed bu natural disasters. I cannto think of other places at the moment.

I 've never lived anywhere else but N.C. .In 2 hrs west i have the Blue Ridge Mountains,2 hrs east the Crystal Coast..we have 4 seasons and i can't imagine living anywhere else...in fact i'm 20 mins from where i was born.If i HAD to choose..maybe central Fla.