Help With Brakes

coolj416

Hi guys i am new to this site and am gonna give this a try. I have a 04 silverado ss with a few bolt on mods... nothing major. I finally have to put new brakes on and was wondering if the stock is really the best way to go or if a better pad and rotor combo is recommended. Any advise would be helpful... thanks

Hi guys i am new to this site and am gonna give this a try. I have a 04 silverado ss with a few bolt on mods... nothing major. I finally have to put new brakes on and was wondering if the stock is really the best way to go or if a better pad and rotor combo is recommended. Any advise would be helpful... thanks

Another option for you that is not as expensive as the alumasports is going to the 06 and up braking system, it will require calipers, caliper braket and rotors. this alone will be a big improvement, you can save some money by getting better after market rotors like the R1 and be ahead.

R1 concepts drilled and slotted rotors oem size!! They got a 10% off deal rite now pm me if u want more info... Got mine 4 400$

Hey man thanks for the info. SO your saying that these rotors are the way to go. I not looking for nothing crazy just maybe a little improvement over stock. I drive hard but its mostly highway. Def send me the info on the rotors.. could you reccomend a good pad or should i stay with the a/c delco's... these don't void any warranty right?

Also thanks to everyone else here all the info is helpful but I am not looking to go crazy just a step up from stock... maybe later when this truck is not my daily driver I will do some more radical stuff.

Hawk pads, Power Slot Rotors, and Earl's Stainless lines are a good combo too.......

I would recommend the use of Hawk pads with drilled/slotted rotors......AC Delco pads can be very pricey.

I am upgrading my brakes right now. I am running EBC greenstuff and I am going to order the SSBC 14" rotors for the front. I wish they made stainless steel line for my model truck. Haven't had the time to do the research.

I am upgrading my brakes right now. I am running EBC greenstuff and I am going to order the SSBC 14" rotors for the front. I wish they made stainless steel line for my model truck. Haven't had the time to do the research.

Summit Part # EAR-28A660ERL