Tbss Intake

Hey guys I'm about to order a TBSS intake and do the swap on my truck. I have a couple questions though. Is it able to hook up to my stock throttle body with no problems or do I have to have some kind of adapter?

youll need an adaptor search in the how to section for mean05 he did that swap on his truck

Would a stock 90mm throttle body off an 07 LS7 Z06 work with the intake?

I hope I'm not hiacking the thread but, what are the gains in swapping over to a tbss intake?

thank you, cesar.

not sure cause i haven't gone to the track or dynoed it after wards but you def gain a ton on the top end. i would safely say 15 or 20 to the wheels someone correct me if im wrong though. mean05 says that amount but ne didn't swap his tb to a 90mm he stayed with the 78mm, due to his exsiting nos plate which he didn't want to have to replace.

Doing the TBSS intake swap has shown to be a nice gain although I don't know why you'd go through all that trouble to swap intakes and not put on the bigger throttle body. That's one of the biggest gains from the swap is going from a 78mm throttle body to a 90mm.

• 1 month later...
Doing the TBSS intake swap has shown to be a nice gain although I don't know why you'd go through all that trouble to swap intakes and not put on the bigger throttle body. That's one of the biggest gains from the swap is going from a 78mm throttle body to a 90mm.

What sort of gains could one expect from just adding an LS2 TB and x-link?

If you mean on one like yours I'd say 12-15RWHP could be had. Some have gotten more with the 90mm on a Radix and some have gotten less. The bigger throttle body is certainly a nice gain either way.