Shell Gasoline

F1SSS

I just saw a commercial for shell during a bruins hockey game and saw that shell is now adding nitrogen to their gasoline :wtf: .

I am now considering sunoco or mobil as my station for 93-94 octane. I am too scared that this nitrogen might cause issues in my engine or fuel system; or am I overreacting? Any and all responses welcome, thank you.

wow, my truck is off the road for winter and only have been starting the truck up to let the juices flow and keep battery charged. But never drove it. That is awkward you have a drop and this nitrogen is new. Looks like sunoco and mobil have a new custy.

I use nothing but Shell Vpower. Haven't noiticed any difference with the performance/mpg. My wife also uses nothing but Shell, she hasn't told me that she has noticed anything different.

i've been using shell for a while, but the last few weeks i've noticed a 1 1/2 drop in fuel mileage, maybe that's why? i was wondering wtf was up :wtf:

^^^I just saw another commercial about this nitrogen for shell. I guess the nitrogen added is supposed to clean gunk out parts of the fuel system (im guessing the tank). You might want to change your fuel filter, maybe this nitrogen let some gunk loose and it got your fuel filter good. Just a quick guess for ya.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13746_7-10185640-48.html

http://ca.news.finance.yahoo.com/s/0203200...-gasolines.html

Kind of a sales pitch of sorts... all brands have some sort of additive package they push, Shell is no different. I use nothing but v-power and have noticed no change. Apparently nitrogen is fed. mandated, shell just uses more than required.

Edited by BigCountry (see edit history)

thank you everyone, got my questions answered. Never knew the truck already breathed nitrogen (thank you krambo), and thank you bigcountry for the article. :cheers:

Im not the brightest bulb in the socket you can prolly tell.