Looking To Get A Dog

SS Silv

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my dad has 2 boxers, rocky is the male and the pick of the litter i found him when i went to the breeder to find a puppy, then when we went back there was one left that they were going to give to a kennel and my dad couldnt let that happin... neway, rocky has been my favorite since day1 and hes the best friend ive ever had, hes well behaved, and very loyal and hes not a large dog by anymeans tipping the scales at 65 lbs

post-16029-1236174455_thumb.jpg

post-16029-1236174466_thumb.jpg

I have 2 miniature pinschers nd they are very loyal,snuggly,lovable dogs but also very protective. I love them and recommed them to anyone.I alo have a siberian husky,she is a great dog but the first 4-5 years were very hard as these dogs are very stubborn,she is now 10 and is a very well behaved and loving dog but it was a hard road to his point.

post-4657-1236175197_thumb.jpg

If you plan on buying a house then wait on getting a dog. Insurance companys have a list of dog , that if you own one, they will not insure you. Really depends on what you get. I have a 100 lb. German Shepard that if I owned him at the time I bought the house I now live in (sold one house to buy another) my insurance would have been cancelled. Just a FYI.

Oh ya? I never heard such a thing before. I could see a problem with some breeds but a GS?

I've been thinking about getting a GS puppy these last few months, I miss having one around and it would give my Golden a friend to play with. Plus I also miss the protection my shepard use to give me.

#1 - ALL DOGS are prone to health problems of some type/nature. (There are inherited risks with all breeds.)

#2 - Go get a book that gives a general description on Dog Breeds ... See what you like and dislike about some breeds ....

#3 -Golden Retriever - I've had 3 Golden Retrievers now ... And that is my vote ... Sorry, but that's my bias ... :thumbs:

Picture011.jpg

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

I'm on boxer number 2 and 3. Great dogs, not too big, not too small. They don't shed alot because of the shorter hair. They are AWESOME with kids. They actually know how to tone down their activity level if the kids try to wrestle with them as opposed to me wresteling with them.

Watch out with the smaller dogs. My wife had a Lhasa apso when I met her, and I found out on small dogs you have to take them in and have their anal glands expressed about once a month. YUM!

Had a Rott and loved it.. she was only about 90 lbs. Smart, protective, and listened well.

Easiest way to ruin property, and depreciate value though..No matter how closely you watch your pets there always into something, especially if you buy a pup..wood floors.. trim..carpet..furniture..

Could never keep a decent yard either.. always trails etc.. which was a bummer because I spent alot of money on sod and a sprinkler system the summer before hand..

anyway, Good luck in your search.. as mentioned before I would do alot of research before you get one :)

miniture schnauzer have a male thats allmost a year plus we are fixing to get a female puppie mini schnauzer. he is full grown and weights about 10lbs. they are smart and full of energy. they are alot like a jack russell as far as personality

Dont let anyone talk you out of a bulldog. i have one and they have the most personality out of any other dog that i have seen! Plus they do not have to exercise as much as other breeds. As long as they do not get too hot and you wipe their wrinkles and play tug of war they are happy. :D

8 weeks

pebbles002.jpg

1 1/2years

CIMG0327.jpg

Honestly I think little dogs are more of a PITA then big dogs, I have a Bullmastiff and my roommate has a French Mastiff, both are about 120lbs and you never know they are there...my roommates gf just got a chihuaua (sp?) and the thing is off the wall, raises more hell then my big dogs. I guess you need to find a dog that suits your life style, but my experience with little dogs is that they are pretty hyper for the most part...all personal preference I guess. Good luck and let us know what you decide on.

:withstupid: I have a Bullmastiff as well, and they are just an all around AWESOME breed!

FlashDrivePics290.jpg

Lily002.jpg

I have two bullies and I love them to death. They are constant entertainment to say the least. I think their personalities are their best trait. I don't have to wipe their butts either :confused::D The best part of my day is going home after work to play with them, they love playing tug of war or chasing the tennis ball just like any other dog!

All dogs have some health problems, but if you spend the time caring for your dog, buying the right food and treats, and keep their check-ups up to date you will be better off in the long run. Bulldogs are prone to hip/joint problems so I buy joint care treats, they get hot and can have trouble breathing so I keep plenty of ice cubes around (they love them) and cold water, and buy Bulldog specific dog food (although it is more expensive) its better for their digestive tract. As with any dog, the more time you spend playing with them and keeping them active the heathier they will be.

Get a Bulldog...you will never regret it :)

Bella on the left and Brutus on the right

032.jpg

Brute laying on Bella

082.jpg

Bella likes to throw a paw up and watch tv:

060.jpg

Did I mention that she loves wine?

076.jpg

Brutus asks...like my Chevy collar guys?

078.jpg

Sorry for all of the pics :)

I have talked to breeders as well as owners of bull dogs and they said a bull dog can not clean himslef likke other dogs..think about it..when was the last time you saw one lick its ass? Thats why they always say you need to or should whipe their ass for them..they have no way of cleaning it themselves. I have never owned one..I think they are cool dogs.