Banshee Project

04CHASE

i posted back in november when i bought this

DSC02237.jpg

DSC02238.jpg

well the motor wasnt enough power for me @ a little less than 40 hp

so i pulled the motor out and just kept on going . i ended up with the frame completely stripped and me with a plamsa cutter loosing weight, by cutting out unnecessary crossmembers and brace's i cut off the entire subfram for a bolt on style that can be removed and chromed. i lost about 15 lbs by cutting the frame up and loosing the stock subframe .i got some wider a arms as well that are 2 inches wider per side and sit 1 inch forward. a longer swingarm to help keep the front end on the ground with a billet aluminum axle.

the motor i had built by a well known guy down in san diego . its a 4 millimeter over stroke with a 68mm bore , new cub cylinders that will make alot more power than the stockers . a 1-5 gear ( was a 6 speed before) dunable override that will be stronger and allows you to not use the clutch when shifting and has a lock up clutch. went with the big dog 39mm pwk carbs that will really make the top end on this bike even more intense. the builder guaranteed it will make over 90rwhp and should be close to 100 on the dyno with 110 race gas.

here is a breakdown of the parts i used

wicked +2+1 a arms

jj&a play axle

arched ladder swing arm +6

hjr 4 mil cub motor with 1-5 dunable override and lock up clutch

39mm pwk kiehn carbs

works triple rate front shocks

racetech rear shock

custom rear subframe

shearer in frame pipes

22x11x8 10 paddle bead to beads tires

i had the entire frame and other little things( calipers, steering stem , springs ) powder coated candy red with a chrome base coat which just came back today and its gorgeous for red . The swingarm ,a arms, sub frame and a few other parts were all chromed since they were chromoly steel. the entire engine/carbs/axle misc parts were polished. i pick all that up tomorrow and go back together with it hopefull this weekend

the bike will now be only ridden in the sand from now on .

here is a teaser i have from today from the phone . there will be tons more this weekend.

1236299718521.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is the clutch assy from the guy out of Florida? I have heardbad things from that guy. Bike looks like its going to be crazy fast but with power like that, is it only going to be a Hill and drag bike? Saw a guys back in Jan. on a shee smoking guys with busa powered rails at the drags at Glamis. Bike was pretty plane looking but effen fast. That two stroke smell and sound from the shee is like no other. keep us updated.

please wash the truck and polish the wheels :D .

Looks like you are on the right track Chase, everything you are using are quality. The only thing I would recommend (if you are only riding dunes) is to get a set of Marvin Shaw Hill Shooter shocks, will save a ton of weight versus stock/works shocks and they look trick as hell. Smooth buff fronts from JJ&A aren't a bad idea either...

Don't mean to jack your thread with the pics! Don't hesitate to pm me if you have questions. I don't ride dunes, but race 300'...we use many of the same parts and vendors.

Heres a pic of my old Bansh with Marvin Competitions that have been machined smooth and chromed:

Picture063.jpg

Picture124-1.jpg

Std. Marvin Comp's on my 380R

R8.jpg

Edited by KissMySilvSS (see edit history)

i would go with the shaws but this will be able to dune as well . if i was going for strictly hill shooter i would have gone with a longer swinger and a 10 mil.

kind of wish i would have went with the powervalve motor but oh well .

i got everything back from chrome/polish today and holy crap that shit was expensive.

plan for tomorrow is get most of the parts together and rebuild the front shocks

still undeceided on a seat finish. i dont think the crushed velvet is for me . maybe some black suede but it seems like it would be hard to transfer/slide your weight on suede.

i would go with the shaws but this will be able to dune as well . if i was going for strictly hill shooter i would have gone with a longer swinger and a 10 mil.

kind of wish i would have went with the powervalve motor but oh well .

i got everything back from chrome/polish today and holy crap that shit was expensive.

plan for tomorrow is get most of the parts together and rebuild the front shocks

still undeceided on a seat finish. i dont think the crushed velvet is for me . maybe some black suede but it seems like it would be hard to transfer/slide your weight on suede.

Cool man, look forward to seeing the pics. Powdercoat/chrome/polishing is a huge expense, but hey... once the bike is complete you will stand back and say it was worth it! Trust me.

I've heard mixed reviews on powervalve motors. I have never owned one nor will I because some of the things that guys say about them. Then again, my main concern is to go the fastest in 300'. In my opinion I don't think you made a mistake. I've seen suede on seats b4, they look clean. Good luck man.