Efi Live

ssheathss

Ok I have a question about EFI live. My family owns a parts store in the town I live in and we deal a lot with superchip but i've also got a customer that tunes with EFI live. He said for $100 he'd tune my truck as opposed to the $320 it costs me to get a superchip. Does EFI tune the same/better than superchip and does it take off the speed limiter as well as the rev limiter. Answer me if you can and if you have any better suggestions for a computer tune up leave them :D

EFI Live, HP Tuners are the tuning tool for these trucks..you can do it all where as a hand held is a waste of money and can only do a generic limited tune...EFI Live tune for $100, if the guy knows what he is doing is a far better choice. With EFI Live you can modify anything you want parameter wise.

With EFI Live you can modify anything you want parameter wise.

Now there is the KEY statement! BE sure that your tuner knows what he doing. You would not want to pay $100 for a blown up motor. For sure a in person tune can give you great results.

Good Luck

CD

We have two types of mail order tunes available. They are a traditional mail order tune and a scan cable mail order tune. With the traditional tune, you provide your VIN, answer a set of questions and we will mail out a tuned PCM to you. With the scan cable tune, you pay a security deposit and we ship out a cable that you use to collect data from your vehicle as you drive. Using this cable, we're able to custom tailor your tune to your specific vehicles operating conditions.

How much is the traditional tune that requires my vin? I've got a set budget i've gotta keep up with ;] Trying to keep from spending every weeks check messin around on the stateline haha. Does it add a decent amount of HP? The programmers from superchip pretty much suck for the sss I must admit, but they're a big seller here.

Edited by ssheathss (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...