Central Mid-west Iowa Meet Feeler

im looking to redo my exaust as well. June would be awesome, just as long as its not the weekend of the 6th. otherwise you can count me in.

if we end up with a date that does not work with ya, you can always come in town and hang and get some work done. let me know what you want done and I will throw it petes way for a price..

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not reading back thru the posts, but if headers is seomthing that someone wants to do, the only snag is no breaking the bolts off in the heads. if they can come out easily enough, i am sure we could do headers the night before at my place and drive to the exhaust shop open headers. i've done it!! its so fun to see people just stare!

i'd be down for that, i'm wanting to do my headers, but figured I'd need some assistance from guys who have done header swaps before, never done one on a streetcar, just indycar motors.

btw-any camp grounds or cheap hotels around?

Edited by BlkSilveradoSS03 (see edit history)

Rich- you can count me in. I love Iowa GTG's! I'll have to see Christy's schedule. We should be able to head up for a weekend though. The last time I was in Iowa, someone had me roofing their house :) haha. Just kidding Chris- I even have a blast doing that!

Rich... Is there time for a drop kit install? I'm tired of being "lifted" as you call it!

Depending on where this will happen, I might consider this. Damn, left out the KC guys......I see how it goes :)

nope did not leave them out.. its says calling out all peeps in IA,ILL,MO,MN,WI... it will be in des moines. thats about 2.25 hours away from Arrowhead all most to the T..

I might be able to scoot out there.

I'm guessing you won't have to tack any exhausts on to hear them. If you get enough guys out there there's bound to be one of every muffler on someone's truck.

If anyone wants to do headers, try loosening each of your exhaust bolts a couple rounds and retightening them one at a time a week before you make the trip. At least there won't be any time consuming surprises.

So is the weekend of April 25th a good date ? I want to make sure or atleast and idea of dates to go back to Pete at the muffler shop... plus check dates at the track if its open this early in the season.. anyway lets hear it..

Having the track open would be the primary reason for me to come out. A little later in summer would be nicer as it will give me more time to get the money for any parts I may want to install before track teasting.

I'm sure there are other guys who get laid off during winter months or have seasonal jobs like myself. But by no means base your decision just on me(I'm not even sure I will make the 5hr. drive).

i am game for april 25th, or we can wait till later in June too. from May 2nd weekend till June 20th on my end are already spoken for. not that i matter. I can leave the tool box unlocked and the keys with Rich if you wanna use the garage. :cheers: I might not have anything going on for May 30th weekend tho... soo that could be an option as well

campgrounds? not sure. there are several hotels real close and i might be able to get some discounts on some hotel rooms. I do have a spare room, but that usually goes to the highest bidder and Yttaf usually bids the highest. i could always do bunks in the garage for everyone?

bad news guys, there will be no dragstrip open friday night like we thought, there will be on open Sat 25th during the day while we are hooking up down at the shop.. working on getting a cruise stop established for sat. night... too early in the season to get the friday night drags open.. so we still want the 25th of april ?? anyway we will still have a good time, i will have a confrimation from the muffler shop next week around thursady until then this is the prelim date !! ok guys

sub box : you will have to PM fast4popper about that, not sure about doing one that day, but maybe work out price with him and he could have one done before then.. thats strictly up to him. I know we are just wanting a small mod. GTG, that we could enjoy hanging out.. never turns out that way..lolol just send him a PM and see what happens..

great feedback guys keep it up