Pionner?

so here's my question, I'm looking at three different pioneer in dash dvd's, and did a search here, but here goes. Between the f700bt, avh-p400, and the avic d3, what is the differences b/t the three. I think the d3 is a little out of my price range, but I've found good deals on the other two units. I want to be able to hook a back up camera to it and also eventually some headrest monitors. I also want to be able to by pass it and play dvd's while driving. I really don't know that much about car audio, so I was hoping someone could chime in. I like the idea of navigation (my inlaws call me Joe Detour) but navvy isn't a breaking point. I'm also thinking of adding maybe a amp and a couple subs down the road(next year), so I'd like to keep expansion possibilities in mind also. Thanks for the help guys. :cheers:

what are you longto spend? I would say go with the d3 great head unit. you can find a nice unit minus the navigation on CL for half the price. My cowerker just picked up a ft900 (Pioneer) for $600 from circuit city( just before the doors closed). I think the 400 does not have a nav.

i worked for a custom shop so i got mine cheap. i have the d3 in mine and u could prob find one on ebay brand new for around 600. if ur looking for a double din and navi u wont find a better/cheaper product. good luck!!

I also have the P4000. It is a great unit for the price. The only problem is that it does not have an RCA out for the subs, you have to use the switchable RCA for the sub which leaves the rear open. If you are adding amps later try to find a unit that has 3 RCA's Front, rear and sub. Otherwise it is a great unit and very adaptable. I am running mine with an override switch for DVD playback while driving.

The d3 is old school and they dont even make it anymore. If i was you I would go with f900, that is what I have and I love it. It has a built in map disc where the d3 doesnt, you can also pick up the f700 which is the exact same unit it just doesn't play dvd's, only ipod videos for cheap as hell. Check woofersetc.com they have them all on sale right now.