06' Hd Style Hood On 03'

the 06 1500 hood is the exact hood that was used on the 03 HD. minus the grille line. If you want to replace an 06 hood with the 03 hood. it is a direct swap. however you will also have to change the grill to an 06 grille as well. this has been posted a few times on here. there are a few on here that want to do this same thing, including me. its no prob. you just have to do them both.

im not sure if the 06 hd hood fits the 1500 hood. i would guess so, but really i just dont know. i do know that all 06 and 07 1500 hoods fit the 03-05 1500 as well as the hd's. but the grille lines are diff.

03-05 silverado

03-04 silverado hd's have the same hood. (your hood)

06-07 classic silverado's

05-07 HD's classic silverado's have the bigger hood

To do the swap you just need to swap grille and hood. Nothing too hard just pull the old grille and hood out and install the new hood and grille.

good luck finding a hood/grille combo. all the chevy trucks out there, and not one of 'em in the junkyards :wtf: . once in a while you'll find one on here. honestly, if you price anew hood, you'd be money ahead to do areflexxion hd cowl hood and 06 grille. you can get a cowl hood for 400-450 depending on where u look. lmc had the grille's for 250-300 i think. i'm wanting to do this swap also.

It cannot be done!!!

J/K

Here is a link to the hood swap that was done to my truck before I bought it. BTW the lower grills are now painted black to match.

http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=379885

I personally think it looks nicer, but I really like the cowl hoods and now that the swap is done I cannot buy a cowl hood for an '06 and up. Hope this helps.

Edited by Nevada79 (see edit history)