Switch To 10w30?

Im an Amsoil Dealer. You can use 5w-30 all year. the the w is for winter and amsoil asl 5w-30 is good down to -58 the the 30 weight is good for your truck unless used for racing only. I got from a retired exec at amsoil that the hdd 5w-30 for deisel engines is the best and can be used in gas engines. that what i use. plus with the amsoil u can go 25,000 miles and/or 1yr between oil changes. i only drive mine like 4k a yr. and change once a yr. You can order off my website and deliver to your house. dont forget the filter they are the best and rated for the 25,000.

Check out my website at sc-bestsynthetics.com. any question call me. number on website

Edited by Stretchss (see edit history)

... plus with the amsoil u can go 25,000 miles and/or 1yr between oil changes. ...

Yeah maybe BUT AMSOil it thickens with age/use and after 7500-miles it's an entire grade higher in viscosity. AMSOil is a great product, but I would not run it 25K-miles. My 2-cents.

Mr. P.

Yeah maybe BUT AMSOil it thickens with age/use and after 7500-miles it's an entire grade higher in viscosity. AMSOil is a great product, but I would not run it 25K-miles. My 2-cents.

Mr. P.

:withstupid: I would NEVER go that far on an oil and filter change, I dont care how good the oil is or how long its stated to last. Going that far is 1- lazy & irresponsible, 2- bad for the vehicle, oil degrades with age, and 3- will lead to other problems or possible failures down the road. I guarantee that if you went 25,000 with out an oil change, when you do finally drain it, the oil will come out like pine tar.....

FWIW, my entire fleet at work gets a full Amsoil oil and filter change every 7500 miles.

Remember, oil is the life blood of your engine....don't take it for granted!!!

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

:withstupid: I would NEVER go that far on an oil and filter change, I dont care how good the oil is or how long its stated to last. Going that far is 1- lazy & irresponsible, 2- bad for the vehicle, oil degrades with age, and 3- will lead to other problems or possible failures down the road. I guarantee that if you went 25,000 with out an oil change, when you do finally drain it, the oil will come out like pine tar.....

FWIW, my entire fleet at work gets a full Amsoil oil and filter change every 7500 miles.

Remember, oil is the life blood of your engine....don't take it for granted!!!

I would not go that far either personally but there is proof of it happening or they would not warranty it for that long. the 25,000 is for normal condition(mostly hi-way) and its 15,000 for severe(around town and heavy work). your fleet at work would have no problem going up to the 15,000. technology is improved on many things including oil. people just have been raised on the 3,000miles or 3months and and old traditions are hard to break.

your fleet at work would have no problem going up to the 15,000.

Case in point........2005 Chevy Astro, 4.3L 4x2 cargo van. This van is a work horse that sees numerous trips to upstate NY, NYC, and NJ....it gets the living crap beat out of it. The truck missed an oil change interval at one point about a year ago, and went 13,000 before the next service. When the truck did finally go in, it took the shop over 1/2 hour to drain the oil.....it came out like pine tar, all sludge. The truck had been running Amsoil since it's first oil change. Also, extended service intervals like 15,000 miles in between chassis lubes also leads to pre-mature suspension component failures like ball joints, wheel bearings, and tie rods.

To sum it up, going that far on an oil change is insane. I am sure they have some studies that have vehicles going as far as the 25,000 mile claim, but actually doing it is absolute suicide for your engine. Running an engine on worn out sludgy oil will lead to pre-mature engine wear and possible engine failure.

I use the aimsoil 25,000 mile 5w30 and their Ea filters. I change between 5,000 and 7,500 miles. On another note, my wife had a 1999 Cougar before we were married and she ran conventional 5w30 Quaker State oil in it and would go 10,000 to 15,000 miles between changes on a regular basis (would not listen to me). The car was still running strong and getting 30+ mpg when the transmission went out at 210,000 miles.