Projector Headlights

Eddie

Does know if there is any negitive effects or what I can expect if I have a headlight relay already installed and I put projector headlight in?

Do projector headlight lowbeams stay on when you put the hibeams on or do they turn off like stock headlighs?

Just get a set of HID's. Find "fast4popper" in the member section. He gets some awsome kits at incredible prices and I believe they include both the upper and lower lights, and yes thhey will stay on if you have the high beam relay installed.

Just get a set of HID's. Find "fast4popper" in the member section. He gets some awsome kits at incredible prices and I believe they include both the upper and lower lights, and yes thhey will stay on if you have the high beam relay installed.

Ever been in front of a vehicle with non-stock HIDs and thought they had their high beams on? Most likely they had an HID conversion kit. The stock reflector housing is not meant to be used with a HID bulb. Thats why they are not DOT approved. You get more light but at the expense of every other driver being blinded by your lights.

Ever been in front of a vehicle with non-stock HIDs and thought they had their high beams on? Most likely they had an HID conversion kit. The stock reflector housing is not meant to be used with a HID bulb. Thats why they are not DOT approved. You get more light but at the expense of every other driver being blinded by your lights.

What's your point? Most of them are blinding me.

I've seen 4popper's lights. They aren't that bad.

I got HID's installed this weekend. I think they are pretty nice. At stock height people in front of me already thought I had my brights on. But I like the hyper white color that HIDs have. And in my honest opinion if anyone has a problem with them F*@K them. Sorry, but that that's my honest opinion.

I could care less if they are DOT approved our not. It just takes a little extra care to re aim your headlights after the install to prevent from hitting oncoming traffic with glare. Honesty, I wish the ricers would take the time to do this. My HIDs have saved my butt countless times while driving at night. I must have aimed mine right, because no one flashes me thinking I have my highs on.....

I got HID's installed this weekend. I think they are pretty nice. At stock height people in front of me already thought I had my brights on. But I like the hyper white color that HIDs have. And in my honest opinion if anyone has a problem with them F*@K them. Sorry, but that that's my honest opinion.

Nice attitude. Very mature. Thats exactly my point. You can see better but blind everyone else. Think about this though. You are driving down a two lane highway. An oncoming car can't see because they are blinded by your headlights, they drift into your lane and you get into a head on collision.

Also, there is no correct way to aim headlights that have a HID conversion. The arc of a HID bulb travels front to rear. The arch of a standard light bulb is side to side. The reflector is not deign for that arch path. To each his own. Your opinion is "if anyone has a problem with them F*@K them". My opinion is that HID conversions should be banned.

I do agree with 10zin and GHOST_PILOT. They aftermarket projectors light output is less than stock. Save your money or do a real conversion using a set of donor projectors and ballast into a stock housing.

you guys are funny!!! Cheap EBAY aftermarket projecters have way less output, and yes HID was not made for stock reflectors but adjusting them does seem to help a little. T answer the original question it is simple to make any vehicles low beam stay on with the high beams, go to radio shack and buy 2.5 amp barrel silicon diodes(2-3 dollars). locate your fuse/relay box and place the diode silver bar facing high beam on the 85 post of the high and low beam relay (probably bottom right post).

yes3-5.jpg

you can repeat this process on the fogs or DRL and can have fogs, highs, lows and DRL all on at once for your highs(sick bright and great for seeing deer) also my fog relay 85 post was in the upper left vs lower right like the rest of the relays.

yes4-5.jpg

I have done this mode on about 10 cars and my dodge ram has had the mod on it since 03 with no ill effect!!!! if you need more info hit me up or do a search for 4-6 high mod in most forums.

To me it's worse when someone has thier high beams on and are driving toward me than when someone has HID's on and are coming at me. But I deal with I don't start weaving in and out of lanes screaming "I'm blind, I'm blind" and aim my car at them. Plus I don't drive on any backwood two lane country roads. We have center divders on the freeways in big cities. And even if they were banned I would still keep them.

Edited by Eddie (see edit history)

Technically they are against the law unless it came from the factory or was a factory option and dealer installed. Back on topic though. I wish a company would make quality projector headlights for our trucks to get rid of some of the issues that people feel the need to complain about. If said quality product was produced, then both sides would be happy. Im all for safer quality lighting for our trucks. Even with silverstar ultras the lighting sucks. as a side note, I had people flash me when I had the silverstars in and aimed properly. Maybe it was just ppl having a bad day, I dont know but it happened often enough.