Dipstick Question

I'm in need of an oil change here soon but I checked my oil yesterday and the dipstickhas 5 holes on it and the oil only reaches 4 of them. Does this mean I am 1 quart low or what? I asked my dad but he said its prolly more like 1/2 quart but I figured I would ask.

Not every one is going to read the same. Put in 6 quarts of oil when you change it and the filter, then run it and let it sit for a few minutes. Then check it to see where it reads, this will be full for your truck. Also as someone already said, as long as it is in the crosshatch area, it's OK. For most, 6 quarts will not take it to the full mark.

Did you let the truck get to operating temp. let it sit for one min, and then check it?

it was after i was out taken care of some things and was at home and my buddy came over with his cobra and he was checking some of his stuff which reminded me i wanted to check my oil as well but the truck had been sitting for a while so it wasnt really warm but it wasnt cold either.