Anyone Know How To Check Off Road Vin's?

fox_forma

I need to get two VIN's looked at to make sure no surprises happen when I go to title the bikes here in AZ. I don't have any doubts about the two bikes but I had a buddy just go to title his bike and they told him it was clean and clear then they impounded it saying it was stolen, he had to jump through hoops to get it released back to him. I have the registration for one of them but it is older and I want to make sure no one tried to pull anything with this bike. The other I only have a bill of sale and will have to go for a bonded title.

The DMV told me they can only check VIN's from my current state (AZ) and won't know anything deeper until I actually start the paperwork to title them in AZ, and I would sure and shit hate to get that far to have them take my bikes away due to how much money I have in them. Back east a Bill of Sale was all you needed and you weren't required to register them at the time. Here you need to do it all so I just don't feel like losing $6g's worth of toys without trying to resolve any issues that may come up first.

Hopefully someone can help me check my VIN's ASAP, and I don't believe car fax will work for this situation. If you can help out please let me know through this thread of PM. I know some of you are law enforcement, maybe you guys can check for me somehow?

Thanks

just check with the tax office they will help you they will even tell you the name and address of the previous owner for a fee i made sure that my trailer and all 5 of my 4 wheelers came with titles so this was not a problem :chevy::chevy:

How will a tax office do this? The thing is my banshee came with a registration card since NY doesn't do titles for quads, I have the reg card but it expired back in 05, my dirt bike came with a bill of sale and back east in PA that was good enough. here in AZ you have to drop your left nut if you want to own a bike, and because of that I can't sell either without having a AZ title. I really doubt either one is stolen but since its been so many years who know if someone tried to pull some shady stuff. Thats what just happened to someone locally, bought a bike 3yrs ago, got a Bill of sale and just sat on it, went to register and title it last month and the guy he bought it off of reported it stolen 6 months ago. After going through a ton of BS and impound fee's he finally got the bike back and now has to take the previous owner to court for everything. I am just trying to avoid that.

now when i said tax office i dont mean h&r block i mean where you go get your vehicles registered they can get you the information of the

previous owner whoever it was registered to last and you can call that person and get the right form filled out and take care of it im not sure about arizona but i know for sure that in texas this will work because one of the raptors i was gonna buy did not have a title but after seeing what i was gonna have to do i just held out a little and bought a better raptor with a title and here in texas a bill of sale is not worth the paper it is written on :chevy::chevy:

The DMV is what I am assuming you mean since that is where the vehicles get registered here. I went there but since they are out of state bikes they won't show up in the system until I proceed further with actually titling it and registering it. That is where I can get hosed if I can't find its past records, I would be going in blind.

• 5 weeks later...