Wtb: Sss Transfer Case

rwoodards

whats wrong with your current one ?

I'm pretty sure that I burned up the viscous coupler/dampner. I have been having a progressively louder vibration and rattling during acceleration. I drained the fluid and there was less than 12oz in there. The rear output shaft seems very loose.

I have a 06 Escalade AWD one that's for a 4l80e

You just have all the stuff I need: brakes, trnasmission, transfer case. Damn

I'm pretty sure that I burned up the viscous coupler/dampner. I have been having a progressively louder vibration and rattling during acceleration. I drained the fluid and there was less than 12oz in there. The rear output shaft seems very loose.

are you driving it daily?

You just have all the stuff I need: brakes, trnasmission, transfer case. Damn

just buy it all lol :cheers:

I got a rebuilt from www.drivetrain.com for a little over $1,000. They charge a core, but you get it back. Came with a 12month unlimited miles warranty. I had an issue with the first one they sent me, pulled it, shipped it, they sent me another unit right away before I even had to pull the bad one. Had this one for 15k+ miles with no issues. I recommend if you have the coin. You can get a new one from a dealership with a 2yr warranty for about $1500-1600.

I got a rebuilt from www.drivetrain.com for a little over $1,000. They charge a core, but you get it back. Came with a 12month unlimited miles warranty. I had an issue with the first one they sent me, pulled it, shipped it, they sent me another unit right away before I even had to pull the bad one. Had this one for 15k+ miles with no issues. I recommend if you have the coin. You can get a new one from a dealership with a 2yr warranty for about $1500-1600.

I would buy a new one for $1500 before a rebuilt as I have had the nv149 apart and its not worth paying for a rebuild unless they put a new viscous coupling in it $550

as the rest is not much there

Ya unfortunately I am right now for the next couple of months.

Wish I could afford it all. What is the deal with the transfer case, what are the differences between the two?

alot the escalade one has to have all 4 wheels on the ground to work no viscous coupling

Thanks for the info

I would buy a new one for $1500 before a rebuilt as I have had the nv149 apart and its not worth paying for a rebuild unless they put a new viscous coupling in it $550

as the rest is not much there

Have you ever heard of anyone having the gears hardened and undercut. Is it something that could/should be done to the transfer case. Would it improve anything. The only way I would do a rebuild is if I can make an improvement. But I figure if the viscous coupling is the weak link than the rest probably doesnt matter, havent heard of many failures.

Thanks for the info

Have you ever heard of anyone having the gears hardened and undercut. Is it something that could/should be done to the transfer case. Would it improve anything. The only way I would do a rebuild is if I can make an improvement. But I figure if the viscous coupling is the weak link than the rest probably doesnt matter, havent heard of many failures.

never herd of that before the gears are hard now 52rc I tested them well the shafts anyways but the other t-case from the esca im gona get laid are hard as glass

the t-case isn't the week link the 4l65e is the week link and diffs

never herd of that before the gears are hard now 52rc I tested them well the shafts anyways but the other t-case from the esca im gona get laid are hard as glass

the t-case isn't the week link the 4l65e is the week link and diffs

Yeah thats what I figured, the only weak links I have heard of are the trans and front diff. I havent really heard of any upgrades for the front diff. Thats kinda off whats stopping me from going lsx, I just feel that motor would be better off in one of my other vehicles. Thoughts?