Wheatley Tune

alex.t

I am puttin my Wheatley Tune in as soon as I get outta work, Ive heard some people having problems with the check engine light and the crank re-learn...my question is, if I install the tune and I have the to do the crank re-learn will it damage or hurt anything in anyway to drive the truck while it is throwing that code?

Thanks guys.

I am puttin my Wheatley Tune in as soon as I get outta work, Ive heard some people having problems with the check engine light and the crank re-learn...my question is, if I install the tune and I have the to do the crank re-learn will it damage or hurt anything in anyway to drive the truck while it is throwing that code?

Thanks guys.

no

Have any idea on how many tenth of a second can be cut in the !/4 mile and how many miles can i spect fro a tune?In factory SS silverado only mod is Volant CAI and hedders.Thanks

ok, I can't tell you how many tenths,,,but I can tell you my speed gains in a certain distance,,let me start by making it clear before everyone calls "bs" Ok The stretch of road we race out of town is a tad bit MORE than a true quarter mile,,,In this distance "stock" I was running 96mph with only a magnaflow & cai,,,,Ok I added a Wheatley tune and in that same distance I ran 100mph,,,,,Now Today I added my Freshly re-tuned Wheatley tune, Plus Pacestter long tubes,,,No Cats and a 160* thermostat,,,I now run 105mph so Thats an easy 9-10 mph gain in a little MORE than a 1/4 mile with a,,, Wheatley tune, Cai, Msd wires, 160* Thermostat, Pacesetter LT's with Cats deleted. Get with Wheatley he's the man for the job,,,A1 Customer Service and really know's his sh*t when it comes to tuning these trucks.

Have any idea on how many tenth of a second can be cut in the !/4 mile and how many miles can i spect fro a tune?In factory SS silverado only mod is Volant CAI and hedders.Thanks

i just had a catback exhaust and an intake before the tune and i made a couple of runs and the best i could get was 15.6 @ 89.5 mph (i did have a passenger), then i got a tune done (nelson not whetley) and my best was 14.7 @ 91.5 mph.

Figure a quality custom tune will net you 25-35hp, so figure your times will drop a few tenths in the 1/4. I don't have a before and after either on track times, but I do have dyno numbers.....I gained 20rwhp and 18ft/lbs rwtq over a Hypertech programmer with Charlie's tune....