Gixxer Down

gbspigskin

If you own a 05-06 GSX-R 1000 im sure you already got your frame recall letter. But your frame might have only needed a support bracket cuz you didnt have any frame cracks...... Well this is what happens when you DO have frame crack. Complete tear down and rebuild=A LOT OF WORK AND AND EXTREEME CRASH COURSE IN BIKE BUILDING.... anyone got any questions about this recall feel free to ask.

post-15834-1237054275_thumb.jpg

post-15834-1237054286_thumb.jpg

post-15834-1237054296_thumb.jpg

if im not mistaken...suzuki said they would glue the braces in place.. what is suuki doing for the ppl that have the cracked frame?

im glad i bought a kawi 2007 zx6r bitches ...ftw..for sale by the way

kawaki= crap! good thing mine is an 07 gsxr lol

if im not mistaken...suzuki said they would glue the braces in place.. what is suuki doing for the ppl that have the cracked frame?

im glad i bought a kawi 2007 zx6r bitches ...ftw..for sale by the way

well when you take it in to the dealer to have them check for cracks they do an ultrasound on your frame to test for cracks, if it come back negative for cracks they weld in frame braces. If it comes back positive for crack suzuki repaces the frame for free

also for the record my buddy has a 07 zx6r and an 06 636 and they are both junk he has had more down time on both bikes. for every time my bike has a problem he has 6 problems.... but look out for the ram air duct where it goes through the forks cuz it cracks and breaks off there alot just cuz of the design.

no i dont have the number, i will ask the guy at the front desk in the service department if you even need the number or anything..... all the dealers know about the recall considering its ALL k5-k6 gixxer 1000s all you gotta do is tell the guy to take it to a service center and tell them its gotta come in for the frame recall. It obviously doesnt cost anything, they will take the bike and inspect it and go from there.

my kawi has had a couple cuz of recals...they did one on the valve cover and the cams but mine is good now...i dont care how fast u guys can go ina straight line...can u hang with me thru the twisties is the question

FTP BITCHES

05/06 Gsxr-1000 is king even with the recall :P

Suzuki baby, Bring it!!! :cheers:

post-6969-1237262593_thumb.jpg

post-6969-1237262715_thumb.jpg

If you own a 05-06 GSX-R 1000 im sure you already got your frame recall letter. But your frame might have only needed a support bracket cuz you didnt have any frame cracks...... Well this is what happens when you DO have frame crack. Complete tear down and rebuild=A LOT OF WORK AND AND EXTREEME CRASH COURSE IN BIKE BUILDING.... anyone got any questions about this recall feel free to ask.

Is there a time frame for the recall?