Gixxer Down

gbspigskin

Is there a time frame for the recall?

all the service guy told me was to get it done as soon as possible. i dunno if that meant suzuki has a time cap or if they just wanna get them all done as soon as possible? i dont think it said anything on the letter i got in the mail about the recall about an end date for the recall. As far as the kawi recall with the cam and valves, my buddy had the same problem but he doesnt take care of his kawi's and his zx6r ended up blowing a motor cuz of that cam problem. It was just a bad batch of black zx6rs it seemed like. All the ones that came in with the cam problem were black..... atleast that was the trend where i was at

for the record i know a 6 is gonna out do a 1k any day of the week when it comes to throwin it into turns. I drag knees all over chicago(ohio street feeder is my favorite spot for those of you in chicago) and i pass 600s on the ramp all the time but it all has to do with rider experience. you get someone who knows what they are doing on a 1k they will toast your ass on a 6. there are way to many variables in that area to argue. im more into stunting anyway, so my bike is not setup for tracks anyway

Yamaha FTW

If its good enough for Ben Spies, its good enough for me...

Remember Ben spies won 3 AMA superbike championships on a gixxer 1000 before he went to yamaha WSBK The gixxer's fram crack because they have to much power lol.. I got a TLR 1000 btw

havent made it to the track yet...i wanna sooo bad..not enuff time nor money...damn government..im close to draggin a knee.....my bike will out do a 1000 in the twisties...all day n night....lighter and more agile

Dude it is totally on the rider, 1000 and 600 are within 40lbs of each other, that is nothing. Im pretty fast but I'm not gonna sit here and tell you I will take everyone. Ive done alot of trackdays and been to the gap/.dragon at least 7 times. If you go be careful and ride your own ride. :cheers:

yeah ill throw up a wheelie here in there...ive slowed down alot since my best friend died cuz of sum stupid ****ing truck who "didnt see him"..iv gotten into twisties alot more...i rele rele rele wanna do tail of the dragon soon

my buddy is in the navy and was just shipped to NC before he goes to Afganistan in april. When he comes back he is finishing his service time at the base in NC, and i told him when he comes back i will head out there with my bike crew and we will ride the shit out of the dragon. i have wanted to do it so long and we were all set to do it then he got his orders to go across seas.