Some SS Dreams

abbo7

I was just wondering what the SS would run in the 1/4 with a S/C or a Lingenfelter TT set up. Not to mention its sick 0-60 times with its AWD. I would also like to state that the SS is the best looking sport truck on the market, I cant wait to see what it looks like with a slight lowering kit (not too low)

But an SS with a supercharger isn't stock, so why compare it to a stock Harley? My mods cost me $500 and I run low 13s, my Harley cost less than 33k, what will it cost total for a SS to even get into the 13s?

On another but related subject, I wonder is someone here can answer a question a friend of mine asked me and I couldn't answer him. Based on knowing with a Harley you have a lower compression engine that lets you use higher boost (with it's built in intercooler), and with the SS you have a high compression engine, if you add a supercharger to the SS do you have to be carefull with higher than 6 or 8 lbs of boost? I'm sure there are ways to get around this. Thanks.

Bombtech:

Just my opinion. Stock SS has no chance with Stock Harley with SC or Stock Lightning SC. True, SS with SC isn't Stock. It does however even the playing field if all 3 have SC's and no other mods. If all 3 have SC's ONLY, I believe the SS can handle the Harley and be pretty competitve with the L . Naturally, if it gets to be a mod war usually the guy with the most money and the best tuner usually wins, IMHO. :D

Bombtech:

Just my opinion. Stock SS has no chance with Stock Harley with SC or Stock Lightning SC. True, SS with SC isn't Stock. It does however even the playing field if all 3 have SC's and no other mods. If all 3 have SC's ONLY, I believe the SS can handle the Harley and be pretty competitve with the L . Naturally, if it gets to be a mod war usually the guy with the most money and the best tuner usually wins, IMHO. :D

A magazine did a test with both the Harley and SS and the SS was real close. We will have to wait and see what happens in the real world. Every vechicle performs different...all SS's will not be equal...as will every Harley. As for the L...the SS has no chance. Come on guys...That is like putting a V-6 Camaro against a Cobra.

This just goes back to the old Chevy vs Ford thing. I am a true Chevy fan, but don't expect my SS to beat a L. It could possibly beat a Harley. That will come later.

Archived