Obx's

So i'm looking at a set of obx lt's on ebay. i have a few questions:

1. What is the purpose of the resonators? R they supposed to take the place of cats??

2. I want a loud "race" sound from my truck, so thinking of going with the lt's and 2 SLP loudmouth mufflers, into a single 3" tip infront of the rear wheels, and no cats. will the loudmouths get me there?

3. i understand I need to get a tune, so is it better to tune for deleted cats, or a hi-flow cats? Isnt the only purpose of the cats is to lower emissions?

4. What 02 sensor issues will i have? I hear some peolple talking about the rear 02's and deleting them? Is there a reason for that?

5. Also, I'm plannig future mods like cam, tranny upgrade, supercharger etc, will a set up like this allow for expansion and mods?

Thanks guys, any help or suggestions will be appreciated. :chevy:

Ok, the "resonators" are supposed to be high flow cats. They are not. There is no honeycomb material in them. They are bassically like a glasspack muffler, hollow straight through with packing on the sides. You will have the same effect as a cat delete since there are none. You will have to retune or your engine light will be on. There are also extra holes for 02's. You have 4 02's there are 6 holes. I used old 02's and cut the wires off to block the holes. It would be nice if they sent some plugs but what do you expect for the money. It will be loud with basically any muffler. I have tried multiple setups and currently have dual Magnaflows with a side exit in front of the rear wheel. The up side is they look like converters so it will pass state inspection as far as the visible parts goes. A good tune, and it will pass the emissions part too. Use the factory gaskets and throw away the ones that come with the headers, they will leak. You will also have to tie the two driver's side rear plug wires up to keep them off of the header. Poor design, the tube turns up instead of down. They slip in easily from the bottom with the plugs removed, but mine are very close to the frame. Do yourself a favor and go ahead and weld them in. The clamps are crap and the will wind up rattling inside the clamps. I will post a link to a clip of my truck.

Edited by CNE (see edit history)