4.8 T0 6.0 Swap

noquema

You have alot of work to do if you are going to write it from scratch. What tuning software are you using? Is this a stock 6.0L you swapped or is there internal mods (cam, different injectors)? My suggestion is to go to one of the tune repositories and cut a 6.0L engine segment out of a stock tune and paste all of it into your current file. Leave the tranny segment the same for now. Once you do that, start with idle tuning then Ve / MAF and finally WOT (Pe).

You sure do have alot of work ahead of you. What year is the truck? How long have you actually been using tuning software?

i dont have a tuning software well at least that what i think my truck is an 04 regency rst and wel the engine is a stock lq9 block i dont know much on what to do so if u coulod help me out ill really appriciate it

You have alot of work to do if you are going to write it from scratch. What tuning software are you using? Is this a stock 6.0L you swapped or is there internal mods (cam, different injectors)? My suggestion is to go to one of the tune repositories and cut a 6.0L engine segment out of a stock tune and paste all of it into your current file. Leave the tranny segment the same for now. Once you do that, start with idle tuning then Ve / MAF and finally WOT (Pe).

im not runnig any tunning sofware yet i really dont know much the engine i put is a stock lq9 any softwares you recomend and how can i get it thanks alot man i just want my truck to run clean so any advice and tips will help

• 2 weeks later...
hey zippy what can ur services do for me and how much is does it cost

Send me your pcm and I can set it up for your current setup. I can usually get them pretty close without actually having the truck in person. The cost is $200 if you send me your pcm.

• 2 weeks later...
Send me your pcm and I can set it up for your current setup. I can usually get them pretty close without actually having the truck in person. The cost is $200 if you send me your pcm.

sounds very good how long do u think i would take once u get my pcm in ur hands o and an other question i have jba shorties and a k&n cold air from ur experiences how much do u think ill be pushing to da whells

if iwould guess i'd say youre pushing or will be pushing around 340 to the wheels concidering the escalade lq9's were estimated at 345 if not mistaken? then again thats just an estimate..

my short block came out of a 04 model escalade

• 4 weeks later...
if iwould guess i'd say youre pushing or will be pushing around 340 to the wheels concidering the escalade lq9's were estimated at 345 if not mistaken? then again thats just an estimate..

my short block came out of a 04 model escalade

is there a way i coud find out wat kind of engine it is the number on my heads is 317 but i dont know if its an actual lq4 or lq9

is there a way i coud find out wat kind of engine it is the number on my heads is 317 but i dont know if its an actual lq4 or lq9

If you can get a peek through one of the spark plug holes (probably need a bore scope), take a look at the piston in there. If it's a flat top it's an LQ9, dished=LQ4

If you can get a peek through one of the spark plug holes (probably need a bore scope), take a look at the piston in there. If it's a flat top it's an LQ9, dished=LQ4

alright cool thanks alot man im gonna take alook at that tommorrow