Powder Coating The Radix

Jaymz

Talk to Magnusen before you do anything... I was told not to by them because of the risk of distorting the housing.

yup.. Turns out after it was tore down ready to PC.. I was informed it can't actually be done due to various reasons.. :(

SO.. its either leave it alone.. Or sand the entire unit down and paint it.. Painting it sounds kind of ghetto.. Might just leave it.

I did find a picture of a red tvs1900 on a camaro.. Looked sweet though

:withstupid:

tvs1900's come in black aswell so.... ??? :wtf:

yup.. Turns out after it was tore down ready to PC.. I was informed it can't actually be done due to various reasons.. :(

SO.. its either leave it alone.. Or sand the entire unit down and paint it.. Painting it sounds kind of ghetto.. Might just leave it.

I did find a picture of a red tvs1900 on a camaro.. Looked sweet though

tvs1900's come in black aswell so.... ??? :wtf:

Maybe you could paint it without sanding it down, leave the texture and it would resible the finish on a tvs.... maybe in a matte black.

Edited by BigCountry (see edit history)

yeah that would work, good idea.. thats exactly how the tvs1900's look.

It was shipped today.. So well see once I get it and can actually look it over... Might be a pita

I wouldn't recommend powder coating.

Powder coat involves heat in the neighborhood of 4-500 degrees. Certain grades of aluminum change their properties at 400 degrees and above. Could be a disaster. I'd check with the manufacturer and see if they think it is a good idea.

Edited by Laker6 (see edit history)

my old roommate who was an auto painter painted his blower with no probs....looked great and has held up for a year with a lot of beating on it

Ya looks like I'll be painting it most likely, plenty of experience there

Should be here tomorrow :fingersx: