Mpg's

bikeman311

Whats the most miles you have got from a full tank (25 gallons)? I have 03 ss AWD just got 328 miles for and avg of 13.1 MPG's for my first tank. Truck is new to me so I had my foot in it alot of the 328 miles, FYI I have a K&N CIA and Flowmaster.

You can run 87 octane in the 6.0???? I have always heard never to run below 91 what up w/ that?

You are not supposed to run anything lower then 91....low octane fuel creates detonation and ping, which robs you of power and decreases your fuel economy.

I never run my fuel level below 1/4 tank, I average 11-13mpg around town and 18-20mpg on the highway if I keep it under 70mph, over 70mph I average 16-18mpg.

:driving:

Combo of both highway and city, I average around 14.5-15.5mpg. I just cleaned my MAF (very dirty) and instant fuel economy has shown a little improvement so well see overall. And that is with no mods.

Rob

Edited by delay18 (see edit history)

i got mine to say 99 mpg once(reset the fuel economy when i hammered at the same time) but normally 15.5(foot) and 16.5(no foot) best ever got 23mpg i was only going like 25 but still that is what it read for like 1.5 hrs...... and i get like 400 or more miles to a tank............ went from Beaufort s.c. to Orlando fl on one tank and from Beaufort s.c. to Jacksonville n.c. on one tank both times going 85 or 90 the whole time...........ill be driving from n.c. to TX in April and ill see how many tanks it takes me