Window Tint

I live SoCal and I have limo all around but I don't have my windshield tinted just a limo strip. I paid 160 first time, then had to strip the front cause of a fix it ticket, but as long as you roll with your window half way you should be good. I usually see a cop and roll them down, then he drives away and roll them up again!

I think some of those numbers might be wrong. It says NY is only 70% on rear side windows... factory privacy glass is darker then that.

Tint laws don't apply to factory glass...at least not here in VA. It's 70% if you add it after the fact.

Like I said, it depends on the local PD - state boys are the only ones that really mess with people around here...and have tint meters for that matter.

Oh and for our trucks I wouldn't pay any more than $200...Find a reputable shop that uses good tint like solargard, madico, etc.

Edited by Ross (see edit history)

I think some of those numbers might be wrong. It says NY is only 70% on rear side windows... factory privacy glass is darker then that.

in ny u can have as dark as u want on the back windows...u can ever spray paint them black for all they care...its the front windows they pricks ab...mine r all tinted 35% all the way around...blacks out alotta sun and can still see..ok at night

You have to allow 70% of visible light transmision on the drivers and passengers side windows. Can only do a small strip on the top of the front window. the rears you can go as dark as you want. Beware though, it can be a pain when backing up at night lol.

Oh and for our trucks I wouldn't pay any more than $200...Find a reputable shop that uses good tint like solargard, madico, etc.

I found a place near me that is going to do my front windows to match my back (20 i believe). They are going to do the fronts for $85. Very reputable place. I know a few people around here that have been there, including 3 of my brother in laws cars. I didn't want to go too dark because of cops, but most of the time they wont bother me. (Perks of being a volly!)

I found a place near me that is going to do my front windows to match my back (20 i believe). They are going to do the fronts for $85. Very reputable place. I know a few people around here that have been there, including 3 of my brother in laws cars. I didn't want to go too dark because of cops, but most of the time they wont bother me. (Perks of being a volly!)

Thats how I did mine - 20% on the front 2 to match the rear.

Not legal in VA but it's not excessive...

Got 35% on the front windsheild strip, which you can only due 6 inches or to the ASE(or what ever it is, don't feel like going out to look) mark, and 35% on the front windows, rear are all stock.

Though, my windshield was done low enough to make it look right.... My tint guy told me that was just 1 shade darker then legal... so I can get busted... but if I get busted... the cop was going to find something reguardless... and my FD labels will get me out of it, lol, except while in the city.

Also, it cost me $70 all together.