Seat Heater Busted! Omg!

Aspentaylor

Hey all. IDK why, but every time I log on here I have an issue with my SS. I need to come on here and share good news one of these days. Anyways my truck has 55k on it and my driver side seat heater decided it no longer wants to work (as my brand new car is in the shop b/c some uninsured idiot hit me). Do not get me started on that. So anyways I noticed it a week ago. In fact I thought I was going crazy. I would turn it on and then a little bit down the road it was off. I swore it was me that forgot to put it on. So now I turn it on, the lights go on then turn back off. Is this a wiring issue? Has anyone seen this before? If so how much did it cost to fix it? My mula is a bit low right now because of the uninsured idiot, but I NEED my seat heater. What can I say?

I hope everyone is well. Sorry I keep having problems. I hope someone has an answer!!!

Thanks a ton. I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Taylor

Hey, there. Happy to seee you back on the board.

First check the fuse for the seats which is under the panel at the left side of the dash. If that is ok, then it may be the heating element in the seat. Get the dealer to trouble shoot the problem or maybe the body that your other car is in. The LIST price for the heating element is going to be high. I had to price one for my Impala, and said NO to the repair. The whole seat had to come out on that one.

Good luck

CD

Mine just started doing the same, not sure it's the element though. Both seats do it, one will stay on until I turn on the other or if I hit my high beams the heated seat will turn off. I find it hard to believe both seats would go bad at the same time so i figured it was my six year old battery. Nope, a new Diehard Gold didn't fix it so I am open for ideas.

Alan

This is exactly what it is doing. Ugg. I love my seat warmers. (note: thats why the OMG is in the title) haha My passenger side warmer works. Do you think I can driver from that side? Okay so it seems it might be costly to fix. Ugg. I hate cars sometimes!!!! Thanks all! I love this forum. Wish I had more time to check it like I did years ago. It was so much easier to be on here than to be doing homework. :)

my passenger side works fine but I can push my driver side on an it goes off in a couple of seconds. not that I really need them being in south carolina but its nice in the winter sometimes

Heated seats are almost a necessity her in Michigan... I wonder if the part number guys can say if the parts are the same from right and left??? It may also be a possibility that a slightly used grid from a used seat could work? just my .02..

• 4 weeks later...

The samething is going on with my Seat :banghead: But it gose on and off with out me hitting it ........ummmmm Need to look at the switch

How did you make out with your Taylor ?

My driver seat does the same thing or did. I used to have the easy exit driver seat turned on but it was messing around with my seat warmer and tripping it on and off. I then shut off the seat recall and manually adjusted my seat so that the warmer worked and that I was comfortable and havn't had a problem since. I figure it is a short somewhere when the seat moves back and forth.

My driver seat does the same thing or did. I used to have the easy exit driver seat turned on but it was messing around with my seat warmer and tripping it on and off. I then shut off the seat recall and manually adjusted my seat so that the warmer worked and that I was comfortable and havn't had a problem since. I figure it is a short somewhere when the seat moves back and forth.

Definitely the element... Mine did the same thing and warranty covered it before I rolled over 100K... Service dept. guy said he had never seen one burnt so bad... I know it lit me up a couple of times pretty good before it went out...

Good luck!