Detailing Trouble

Here's my issue: this spring when I washed and waxed the truck for the first time this year, i was very disappointed. There was this haze when i got done waxing it. I used dishwasher soap to remove the old wax and grease, clay bar'd it, and then used meguiars Gold Class Liquid wax, followed by meg. ultimate quick detailer. this is the same stuff I used all last year, and never had a problem. It did sit out in the garage this winter, so I don't know if it"broke-down" or not. I used meg. nxt car wash next time I washed it, and used turtle wax "black box" polish system, and the haze is still there. i'm really frustrated at this point, i feel like I'm spending 4-5 hours a week trying to get my truck looking the best, but i feel like i am wall.gif...what are your suggestions? any help will be appreciated!!

Fixing clear coat is very hard to do by hand. You have to use a polishing compound with the proper "cutting" pad on a buffer to eliminate blemishes. I used Menzerna polish, then Tropi-Care swirl cutter to take away the micro marring the polish left behind. Then apply a coat of sealant then a coat of wax. I use Tropi Care products with the Porter Cable 7424 buffer on my truck, and they are amazing. www.tropi-care.com. Lemme know if your interested, and ill show ya exactly what I use and how.

Fixing clear coat is very hard to do by hand. You have to use a polishing compound with the proper "cutting" pad on a buffer to eliminate blemishes. I used Menzerna polish, then Tropi-Care swirl cutter to take away the micro marring the polish left behind. Then apply a coat of sealant then a coat of wax. I use Tropi Care products with the Porter Cable 7424 buffer on my truck, and they are amazing. www.tropi-care.com. Lemme know if your interested, and ill show ya exactly what I use and how.

if you don't mind, that would be awesome! i'm a little hesitant about using a machine to buff the truck out, just worried that i might burn through the paint, but at this point, i'll give it a shot. Any help you can give with materials, tools, techniques, etc is appreciated. Thanks

if you don't mind, that would be awesome! i'm a little hesitant about using a machine to buff the truck out, just worried that i might burn through the paint, but at this point, i'll give it a shot. Any help you can give with materials, tools, techniques, etc is appreciated. Thanks

There really is not a "magical" combination. You would also have to be really stupid to burn through the paint with a DA polisher.

Like I mentioned in another thread just like this one. Go to www.autopia.org and read, read, read.. There is more than enough information on that site.

Also, here are two other threads that were created about 20 post down from this one. My recommendations are in the first link

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=53076

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=53140

Good luck.

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

Go to the autopia.com website that Silv recommended to me. Tons and tons and tons of great info, how-to's, product reviews, etc, etc. Silv thanks again. I cant tell you how much all that opened my eyes.

Rob