Hey Guys!

Dave_SS

Hey guys! I'm happy to have found this site and have enjoyed reading so much I had to join.

It all started with a dream...

Many years ago, I became obsessed with the old 454 SS's and tried my hardest to get one, but my parents weren't to keen to that being my first vehicle. Instead, I got a crappy GMC Jimmy that would slow down when going up a hill, floored. However, they also told me when I made my own money, I could buy whatever I wanted. I never forgot that. :) I vowed to never drive a powerless pos like that again. Enter a 91 Chevy Silverado w/ a 5.7L. It became my own personal sandbox for learning about engines, performance, and everything else. It was a good truck and ran pretty dang well after I got through with it. I even put 454SS buckets and a console in it! But after 10 years, I needed a new toy.

Having seen the new SS's, I thought that the extended cab was a strange choice for a sport truck, but I quickly got over that. It would be perfect: room for my chit, friends, and still lots of juice. I never thought I'd be able to afford one, but things were going well at work. Unaware of a backstabbing by my-then boss, HR found out I was owed some back pay...enough to make a substantial down payment on a vehicle. I got to looking the local classifieds and saw a mint SS with only 9K miles, only 1 year old. After doing my homework, I went down to look and spent all day working the sales guy. We finally settled on a reasonable price and the rest is history!

I've been driving this truck for almost 3 years, and I still love it (still has that new leather smell too!)! Now all I lack are other folks that appreciate such things to chat with...hmm, well, problem solved. I'm happy to be here and look forward to hanging out with you guys!

--Dave_SS