Plugs And Wires

becareful if you buy the taylors..when you pull them off they like to come apart...many many people have made the mistake in grabbing them by the center and pulling.

Am I to believe that by using the boot, this is not a problem. Only pulling the wires themselves?

becareful if you buy the taylors..when you pull them off they like to come apart...many many people have made the mistake in grabbing them by the center and pulling.

Am I to believe that by using the boot, this is not a problem. Only pulling the wires themselves?

That's like grabbing an extension cord by the wire 3 feet back from the plug and ripping it out of the outlet.....damages the wire & jacket. Removing the plug wires by pulling on the boot is the proper method.....

The info I have on the stock plugs: A new spark plug has been released per SERVICE BULLETIN: 03D-J-171 LINE: 41, DECEMBER 12, 2003. The new spark plug has an Iridium tip instead of the current Platinum tip. Due to the different tip design, the gap of the spark plug has also changed. The new spark plug, ACDelco Part Number 41-985 (12571164), is gapped to 1.01mm (0.040 inches) when the spark plug is made. The spark plug gap is set during manufacturing and should not be changed to the gap required with the Platinum plug, or damage to the spark plug may result.

Edited by Bear (see edit history)

Delco platinums = .060, Delco Iridiums = .040, pre-gapped, do not attempt to gap them as you may snap the iridium tip off, which is micro-welded to the top of the plug. If you must gap them for some reason, grab only the ground with something like a pair of needle nose. Be very careful, even just checking the gap can damage the electrode. I like either Delco iridiums, or NGK TR55 (copper, gapped to .055) or TR55ix (Iridium)

As for wires, I like MSD's or the stockers.