Electric Fans

james6585

??so are u gonna make some more fans steve

that really sucks it seems like everything you do you have to get a retune now how the hell am I going to get to futrel motorsports whitch is like a hour and a half away without my fans running

??so are u gonna make some more fans steve

There WILL be a spring group purchase for efans as soon as I clear it with the site owners; they need to get paid.

that really sucks it seems like everything you do you have to get a retune now how the hell am I going to get to futrel motorsports whitch is like a hour and a half away without my fans running

Easy -

Assuming you have stock-type efans running of a set of relays, you ground the trigger wires and the fans come on. Temporarily lengthen the blue and green efan trigger wires and run them into the cab, and add a switch so that when you throw the switch it grounds those wires and the fans will be on. Run the fans when the truck is moving under 45-mph, until you get them plugged into the PCM and have it retuned. I do not advise this as a long-term solution, because you will forget one day to turn the switch off and run the battery flat in a few seconds, BUT for one-time use getting it to FMS it will work great.

Mr. P. :)

There WILL be a spring group purchase for efans as soon as I clear it with the site owners; they need to get paid.

Easy -

Assuming you have stock-type efans running of a set of relays, you ground the trigger wires and the fans come on. Temporarily lengthen the blue and green efan trigger wires and run them into the cab, and add a switch so that when you throw the switch it grounds those wires and the fans will be on. Run the fans when the truck is moving under 45-mph, until you get them plugged into the PCM and have it retuned. I do not advise this as a long-term solution, because you will forget one day to turn the switch off and run the battery flat in a few seconds, BUT for one-time use getting it to FMS it will work great.

Mr. P. :)

well it looks like the easiest way to go is just to get that kit superslowss is talking about shit I might as well and get the flex-a-lite wireing harness and fans also

You shouldn't have a problem. The stock settings on my efans were to come on at 230 and my engine never got above 210 EVER and that was hotlapping at the track. When we tuned it and changed the tstat we lowered the on/off temps. 230 was the lowest temp my fans would come on at so you really don't need them all the time.

I whonder if I went and got the tune for the fans then took the old fans off when I got home and installed the e fans would that work

Yes, you can get it tuned first then do the fans later, this is what I did when I did my 05 efans. My PCM was tuned for the fans a few weeks before I did the install.

well that is really good to know and the factory clutch fan worked until you hooked the 05fans into you pcm

Yep, everything functioned normally, couldn't even tell that the PCM was tuned until I installed the fans and hooked everything up and the engine reached the efan turn on temp.

Yep, everything functioned normally, couldn't even tell that the PCM was tuned until I installed the fans and hooked everything up and the engine reached the efan turn on temp.

thanks for that info that's going to make things a lot easier