In Dash Dvd

Ok I am starting to shop around for some in dash dvd's and I am looking for suggestions. I thought I saw something about decks that you can upload backgrounds on and stuff like that and I would like to learn more about that. Sooo what do you guys have/suggest?

Thanks.

Rob

nono to d3 get a kenwood dnx 5120 from here way cheaper and u dont need a disk to load up the gps.. http://www.eclectic-mart.com/servlet/the-5...dsh-NAVI/Detail

:dupe::dupe::dupe::dupe::dupe::dupe:

pioneer avic d3 is the best for the buck. it has EVERTHING and unlike the kenwood, its easier to install, use and add things such as backgrounds, ipod, xm, and back up camera. all have SEPERATE plugs on the back.

ten ur kenwood sucks :crackup: dont forget who had to HELP u re-wire ur subs last night hoe!!

nono to d3 get a kenwood dnx 5120 from here way cheaper and u dont need a disk to load up the gps.. http://www.eclectic-mart.com/servlet/the-5...dsh-NAVI/Detail

When its free I'll take it. You want to give me a DNX series I would be more than happy to install it in my truck!

As for the NAV, I have used it a total of 10x maybe and it seemed fine, as for having to use the Nav disc during it, yeah its pretty stupid but when you have 20gigs of music and video's that slot is useless to me anyway. So :idiot:

:jester:

talk all you want about the gimmicks, the Pioneer and Kenwood are both decent units, but NOTHING sounds as good as the ALPINE! i have a W205 and LOVE it, but want to upgrade to the new W505. it wont be anytime soon tho.

so if SOUND is what you want, and you want it to sound the BEST, then Alpine is the only way, and you can add peripheral things like Nav, Ipod, 175 band EQ (like i am running), shoot it even has the option to take the Nav out and use it as a portable unit in a different vehicle.

:cheers:

I am running an Eclipse AVN 6600. 6.5" screen, CD/DVD/Ipod/MP3/NAV/Rearview Camera. Has two seperate drives, one for the CD/DVD, and the other for the NAV. Just call Eclipse or whatever to get a new/updated GPS disk. The unit can be 'tricked' to play DVD's and such without being in park. Does have AUX video output, and has a video input as well.

I like it.

talk all you want about the gimmicks, the Pioneer and Kenwood are both decent units, but NOTHING sounds as good as the ALPINE! i have a W205 and LOVE it, but want to upgrade to the new W505. it wont be anytime soon tho.

so if SOUND is what you want, and you want it to sound the BEST, then Alpine is the only way, and you can add peripheral things like Nav, Ipod, 175 band EQ (like i am running), shoot it even has the option to take the Nav out and use it as a portable unit in a different vehicle.

I have always liked Alpine head units. Sound quality is amazing. I just didn't know anything about video and nav units.

• 2 weeks later...
I opted for one w/o backgrounds or GPS, the AVH-4000DVD, I got it on ebay NIB for 155 shipped and couldn't help myself. The Ipod interface alone more than makes up for anything it lacks IMO.

I'm with Big on this one. Pretty good shop told me about steppin up from this unit to the new 4100. It has a little nicer screen with less buttons. Good ipod interface. Not sure about sound. Will know soon. Amazon price is around $390...no Nav.

If you were to buy a Pioneer or Kenwood, which would you choose?