In Dash Dvd

I own a stereo shop and have installed all of these. My opinion is the avic F90bt by Pioneer it has MSN web search internet plus all navi built in, built in blue tooth, USB, and SD card slot. the Pioneer avic F700bt is good, the same but no MSN web or DVD player. However you can load DVDs on a flash drive or Ipod. I have F90 in my SS. check the web or I can order you one shipped to your door for cost. awtpro.com

I own a stereo shop and have installed all of these. My opinion is the avic F90bt by Pioneer it has MSN web search internet plus all navi built in, built in blue tooth, USB, and SD card slot. the Pioneer avic F700bt is good, the same but no MSN web or DVD player. However you can load DVDs on a flash drive or Ipod. I have F90 in my SS. check the web or I can order you one shipped to your door for cost. awtpro.com

Thanks for the info/offer.

I went with the Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD. I don't need all of the extra features, all I need this unit to do is sound decent and play CD/DVD's.

i have a JVC KWNX7000; Nav, dvd/cd, I-pod, Bluetooth(which i dont have or need), SD card, USB and it can play mp3, DivX, MPEG, JPEG files. also has another great feature which i havent seen others with is that my screen is detachable, so just incase i dont lik the area i can take the screen with me so if they want to steal it they'll see it has no screen or they wont be able to use it...

the nav works good audio sounds is good out of it altho i think i need get my subs rewired, i feel lik they dont kick as hard as they did before the install. I-pod connection and control are pretty good too.

-Rob

Hey guys I found a local guy who has a 7" Flip out deck. Alpine IVAD300 includes 6 disc changer. He wants $400 for it. I am not sure if it will fit in the SS though seeing as it is a flip out. Any ideas??

Thanks

Rob

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

hey rob 2 things

dont buy a flip out...u will HATE it

if u wanna get a rele quality head unit and get all the stuff yer gunna need to incorperate yer bose and onstar check out

http://www.audioobsessions.com/

or give them a call...they r the most knoledgeable ppl i know...ive spent many dollars there and they treat u like a person if u have questions

Edited by got vortec (see edit history)

Hey guys I found a local guy who has a 7" Flip out deck. Alpine IVAD300 includes 6 disc changer. He wants $400 for it. I am not sure if it will fit in the SS though seeing as it is a flip out. Any ideas??

Thanks

Rob

Just be carefull with a flip-out Rob. Some units will run into the gear shift if not in Park.

ok i now have the jvc kw-avx830 and im impressed! sounds great looks great and its detachable! u cant have it! to all you sticky finger lazy bums that cant work hard for your toys so u have to steal others! sorry lol i really like it movie quality is good for a 7 inch screen i mean im sure they will have blue ray ones sometime?

ill be adding the subs and amp next week ill get a pic up before i go to bed but so many out there with this and that

• 2 weeks later...

I'm actually running a Kenwood DDX 7019 with Sirius, HD radio and the Kenwood/Garmin Nav all controlled in the headunit. What's good about the Kenwoods are it has an adapter that comes out the back of the radio to hook up your Ipod/Iphone and can play video off of your Ipods...also charges them too. I also has another wire for any USB type connection (another IPod/Iphone, thumb drive, etc) Ive been running Kenwoods in all my cars for years and never had 1 problem with them...It's always the first thing I do when I buy a vehicle is stick a Kenwood in there :rollin:

I love how the pioneer looks in the dash. 1 of my buddies has an alpine doubledin and it sticks out of the dash a little and doesn't fit flush. they do this so that they can have the little tilt options but imo it looks like shit.

I cheaped out and bought a Jensen because money was tight but now I cant imagine replacing it! I love the interface for my ipod and it has the ability to add XM NAV and a camera if I want it. I also have the HD radio module for it. The only thing I would change about it is that it flips out, I just wish it was flat in the dash. Other than that, sound quality is good and it plays loud so I am happy.