Tranny Goes Bye Bye

ok driving in the last few weeks ive noticed my tranny starting to shift funny and then rpms rise slightly with hardly ANY throttle

well today i was driving back to my hometown and all of a sudden it started to jump really bad and it wouldnt go into 3rd.

good new is danny is building me one this week and i get it installed next monday

just thought yall would like to know

It truely sucks when the tranny goes...Its usually not an "if" but a "when" after a certain amount of modding...But just think of it like i did....Now i dont have to wonder when i go to the track any more if this will be the time it goes.

My truck has been out of commission since the end of Novemeber thanks to a smoked 60E, not even 60K on my mildly modded truck...I know how you feel man. I've saved up about 1/3 of the cash for an FLT Level 5 so far, then I still have to save for a converter, wether it be a Yank or Circle D (not sure if the Yank TT3000 will be strong enough to survive behind the heads/cam LQ9 I'm building)

I had 7 transmissions go on me u can ask Zippy on that. Found out the Guy i had do the Tune had my shift points at 6000 and my rev limiter set at 5500 after zippy and Rossler transmissions got there hands on it runs like a beast and no problems in a year knock on wood.

Well I mean damn, these tranny's go out like that??? I guess I need to get that zippy shift kit installed ASAP?

Mine gave me no signs, I was cruisin' down the highway with my 2 1/2 year old daughter sleeping in the child seat, went to accellerate a little bit, and all of a sudden the rpm's just jumped up and the truck started slowing down. I was able to rev the snot out of it to limp it home, but when I pulled the dipstick there were little chunks of clutch material all over it. My guess is that the lockup clutch took a dump and sent pieces of junk through the trans.

Mine gave me no signs, I was cruisin' down the highway with my 2 1/2 year old daughter sleeping in the child seat, went to accellerate a little bit, and all of a sudden the rpm's just jumped up and the truck started slowing down. I was able to rev the snot out of it to limp it home, but when I pulled the dipstick there were little chunks of clutch material all over it. My guess is that the lockup clutch took a dump and sent pieces of junk through the trans.

Wow, I have 68k on my truck but I got it with 57k. I better take it easy then and at least get on the good foot with the shift kit. Has anyone seen Zippy around?

Wow, I have 68k on my truck but I got it with 57k. I better take it easy then and at least get on the good foot with the shift kit. Has anyone seen Zippy around?

I'm still around. I've just been working about 60 hours a week and have been trying to spend some time with the wife. I'm slowly working on being back on here every day again.

I'm still around. I've just been working about 60 hours a week and have been trying to spend some time with the wife. I'm slowly working on being back on here every day again.

Family comes first bro and I understand the job hrs. Doing the same thing over here. Thanks for getting back to me.