Belltech 2" Spindles 2" Shackles Awd

chris B

I am going to have my 2" spindles 2" shackles and street perf. shocks installed on my 03 SS AWD and was wondering what shims you guys use (how many degrees) i really don't want to deal with any vibrations . chris

P.S. does anyone no a good suspension shop in Boston north shore area

I am going to have my 2" spindles 2" shackles and street perf. shocks installed on my 03 SS AWD and was wondering what shims you guys use (how many degrees) i really don't want to deal with any vibrations . chris

I didn't need any shimes. Only difference in my drop is that I'm still running stock shocks.

Good luck on the drop. :cheers:

I didn't need any shimes. Only difference in my drop is that I'm still running stock shocks.

Good luck on the drop. :cheers:

Thanks for the info Tzer :thumbs:

tzer how much did you trim off the bump stops ???

Edited by 1stimeSSguy (see edit history)

ESP in central ma (sterling/leominster line) does drops and lift kits, they also do tunes a couple guys on here swear by them

ESP in central ma (sterling/leominster line) does drops and lift kits, they also do tunes a couple guys on here swear by them

I am going to get my tune at ESP in a couple months . looking for something closer by for the drop .

Thanks for the info Tzer :thumbs:

tzer how much did you trim off the bump stops ???

I'm pretty sure you just remove 1 nub off the rear bump stops and mount them to the frame instead of the mounting plate. For the front bump stops, you just drill them. MrP has a how-to on this I think so search for that.

Granted I'm not an SS, but my suspension is very similar to you SS guys, just a little shorter lol. I dropped my rear by installing 2" shackles and removing the 4x4 lift blocks, and I didn't need any shims...my drop actually cured a vibration I had lol. I dropped the front with Belltech keys and cut about 1 nub off the front bump stop. You want the front bump stops just touching the lower control arms, not completely off of the control arms and not compressed against the control arms. The bump stops are actually factored in to the spring rate of the front end and aid in the feel of the ride. When I first dropped my truck, I cut the bump stops too short, and the front end was wishy washy. Then I bought a new set of rubber bump stops (the factory Z71 bump stops were made of a much harder material), and cut them until they just touched the lower control arm and the front end now feels responsive...aside from the bumpsteer that I experience which is much worse when I have my summer 20's on, but not so bad with my winter 16's.

Guys i run stock 17" rims in the winter what do i have to do to make them fit ??

if i remember correctly i have to cut down the tie rod bolt so it does not rub ??? thanks again chris

• 3 weeks later...
Guys i run stock 17" rims in the winter what do i have to do to make them fit ??

if i remember correctly i have to cut down the tie rod bolt so it does not rub ??? thanks again chris

I believe that's what the belltech spindle install instructions said that's what you need to do, and if I'm not mistaken the extra nut and washer they provide in their spindle kit are thinner so you can trim it down further? I have that nut and washer in my center console and has a part # 2508-777 on the plastic package

chris you can install the shackle and spindle kit no problem dont pay someone to do it its fairly easy! i did mine and it took just a lil while!

I would love to frankie but i dont really have a good place to do it and dont feel comfortable trying to do it by myself .

I would love to frankie but i dont really have a good place to do it and dont feel comfortable trying to do it by myself .

I can understand the not having a place to do it, but it really is self explanatory once you dig into it. The shackles are retarded easy. I tackled mine having slim to none knowledge on suspension, couldnt even point out a torsion bar to anyone at that time if I tried :yellow_loser: . Only thing I messed up was cuttin the bumpstops a little short

• 3 weeks later...

I have a vibration starting at about 75/80 mph and i feel it on hard acceleration all the way from 0. its smooth at crusing speeds. It wasn't their before i did the belltech drop kit. Got the 2 degree shim and it changed to 80/85 and still on hard accel. I moved the pinion downward. I do drag the truck and i am often @ or above 85. not sure what to do. :dunno: do i need more shim degree? Any ideas?