Z06 Brake Upgrade

detjoe

Ray and I started talking about using the Z06 calipers a long time ago. Another bracket was out and I wanted it and he got it...he was not happy with it and told me hold off and then bam! POW! he has a kick ass bracket for me. He was running these on his truck and had the trick 2 pc 15" rotors, then some brake company gets him and he passes his old set up to me. I cannot thank him enuff for the hook up on the rotors bc they really make the upgrade look better IMO. So then he uses the bracket he made for himself to make the rest.

The install...easy as pie! I had to clearance the driversside spindle of a little casting junk. I used COPPER crush washers :) I found a really good price for OE type pads for those that dont want to spend $$ on HAWKs let me know and I will pass on the contact info.

and here they are:

syruptripz06brakes011.jpg

syruptripz06brakes012.jpg

syruptripz06brakes015.jpg

syruptripz06brakes016.jpg

syruptripz06brakes017.jpg

syruptripz06brakes018.jpg

It stops so good now! Firm pedal, little pressure. No more of having my foot almost all the way down to stop. Gonna put some miles on them to brake in a bit but I love them so far. I am gonna leave the corvette on them for now, I have a buddy with a C6Zo6 who's nose I would like to rub in them a bit. I can now throw all my stuff in the dash to the back seat on take off and then return it on a hard stop!

Pardon my "sun-belt" ignorance, but is that rust on the rotor typical in the "rust-belt"? or has it been sitting around unused for a year or two? I have never seen a rotor that rusty, outside of a rotor laying on the ground in a junkyard.

The new setup looks really nice.

Edited by dcairns (see edit history)

Pardon my "sun-belt" ignorance, but is that rust on the rotor typical in the "rust-belt"? or has it been sitting around unused for a year or two? I have never seen a rotor that rusty, outside of a rotor laying on the ground in a junkyard.

I was wondering the same thing. I live about 15 miles from Joe and mine don't look like that. :confused: There's some rust on the body of mine but none on the face.