Slow Speed Growl

I just replaced both front hubs on my 03 SS. 74000 miles and they were making noise for some time. I'm still getting slow speed growl when turning going forward or reverse. Not bad but still noticable. CV shafts are both good. Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

just took my ss in for a growl in the driver side front wheel area and the paperwork lists four locking diff,three seals,three bearings,one bearing assy-r,and one nut. I'm questioning how this happened to a stock truck with 35000 miles, no case fluids have been changed since the truck was purchased in 03, is that maybe what caused things to grind up in the front diff-strange? don't make-em like they used to huh,said they found metal in the oil in the front diff, these parts are pry from China, what happened to quality,, oh, sacrificed for profit that's right I remember :(:(

• 2 weeks later...

Same issue here. Had my front diff rebuilt at 60k miles. Had the transfer case go not to much later at 66k miles, transmission, etc. Fun stuff. It seems the only bullet proof thing they made was the motor. Solid as a rock and not too many blowing without help from forced induction.

My buddy works at GM and drives an 03 SSS and he tells me the Master tech in his shop says this is a normal noise present on AWD SSS. I am not buying it but he says there is nothing GM will do about it.

My buddy works at GM and drives an 03 SSS and he tells me the Master tech in his shop says this is a normal noise present on AWD SSS. I am not buying it but he says there is nothing GM will do about it.

You are correct GM will do nothing about it !! it is considered a normal noise (most of us would disagree ) but thats what the memo said that they showed me when i brought mine in for the growling noise. I remember someone posting a wile back about a company that makes a diff. for our truck that ran much quieter than the stock diff. ..i believe it was jasper performance but not positive