Yank Verter

Remember, you get what you pay for.....if I were in your shoes, i'd keep saving until you could get a TCS or PI converter.....there have been way too many Yank TT converter failures on this forum IMO.....

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

I had a TT2600 and got 50k miles out of it, about 20k of which were behind FI. Its not recommended for FI though. I still have it in my shed and its in great shape, but should have a rebuild from yank just to be safe. I have a billet SC2600 now and have almost 15k on that since the trans rebuild with no issues. However, with all that being said, it does appear that his TT series converters are OEM cores rebuilt and re-stalled so you might just be better off getting a trailblazer TC if you can live a little less stall and they are almost half the cost of a yank TT.

Not sure about the TT converters and you guys keep talking about saving up to buy the TCS but I bought a Yank ProTruck 3200 and it was $945 shipped. How dang much is a TCS? Anyway, I have not had any trouble with mine but I am not FI or N20 yet so I don't know what would happen with that. I know the ProTruck series is a heavier duty line than the TT.

My SC2600 Yank was $945 also. He doesnt need a $1k converter yet for his app. The TT2600 yank is like $425 shipped.

The TCS has or maybe had a group buy for 750 shipped I believe..TT2600 wont hold up to FI..I know from experience and then you ship a broke TC in and get told its just fine when its not.

There is nothing wrong with the TT series converters from Yank as long as you use them as intended. The lock-up clutch will not stand for big TQ and HP and towing IMHO. Mine let go after only 2K miles or so. I also had a 3000TT and it did just fine.

Bottom line is if you can afford a multi disk converter, get it. If not, just know the limitations and risks.

BTW, Circle D, TCS, YANK SC series and PI are my choices.

The TCS has or maybe had a group buy for 750 shipped I believe..TT2600 wont hold up to FI..I know from experience and then you ship a broke TC in and get told its just fine when its not.

does TCS have a triple disc?

DO NOT BUY A YANK

I have had multiple failures from Yank, all of which Yank claimed were perfectly fine, yet shipped me a different converter and tried passing it off as mine. Complete joke of a company. I had a brand new Yank TT go out within 100 miles and take out a FLT Level 5 4L65E with it also. Every Yank failure I have seen has been the lockup clutch disintegrating and then going through the transmission wrecking havoc.

I had a brand new Yank TT go out within 100 miles and take out a FLT Level 5 4L65E with it also. Every Yank failure I have seen has been the lockup clutch disintegrating and then going through the transmission wrecking havoc.

I'd really love to know what kind of power you had in front of that FLT lev 5 trans...The biggest issue with any person who uses yank is they go cheap. The TT series is meant for under 400-450hp MAX. So many people think he is trying to upsell them into his $900 converter when it is what they really need and they just cheap out and buy the TT series. And I'm also willing to bet that yank was blamed in most of those cases but not always the culprit. Further more, I would not put a cheap $400 converter from anywhere in a $3k trans. Thats like putting roll up windows in a ferrari to save a buck or two. I'm not saying yank hasnt had any failures, but no more than some of the other companies out there.