Yank Verter

i agree. yank said not to lock the tcc up during WOT. its not a secret. i had a tt3000 it went through 2 trucks. i had to take it out due to fi. it was blowing through it pretty good. i now have a pt3200. i love this thing.

I'd really love to know what kind of power you had in front of that FLT lev 5 trans...The biggest issue with any person who uses yank is they go cheap. The TT series is meant for under 400-450hp MAX. So many people think he is trying to upsell them into his $900 converter when it is what they really need and they just cheap out and buy the TT series. And I'm also willing to bet that yank was blamed in most of those cases but not always the culprit. Further more, I would not put a cheap $400 converter from anywhere in a $3k trans. Thats like putting roll up windows in a ferrari to save a buck or two. I'm not saying yank hasnt had any failures, but no more than some of the other companies out there.

I have had 3 failures in trucks using the yank conv. they were all bolt on trucks and were not locking up at WOT. I have a friend that has cut into a yank and the only thing that was changed in the converter was the stator. So yank is a joke they buy a factory converter cut it open and change the stator. I would rather pony up the 700 plus for a nice converter than risk a cheap yank to trash the trans.