The new SS is on the Way

Bob_the_builder

SS- Texan

That makes me nervous, as I have a red one on order.  Don't you like red or is red a bad color on this truck?  I seen a black one at the Houston auto show and was hoping the red would look better.

It's not that I don't "like" red, I had a Chevy Brandywine shortbed sportside in '86 and loved it. I just didn't like the black trim around the side mirrors, etc. To me there is NOTHING better than a clean black vehicle - car or truck! We had a '95 Impala SS in black and all my trucks now are black as well. Even though we live in TX and it can be a killer to keep up in the summers I wouldn't own anything else. I guess after seeing the red first and then the black (even though it was dirty and the lighting was non-existant) my wife even liked the black better too. The lowered ride, the lack of side moldings, and the extremely clean look just made it look very bad a$$.

I guess too what turned me off on the red one was the very cheap, cheesy dials for the A/C controls as it was not the digitial read out like on the black one.

For spending that kind of money on a truck you would think they would at least make it look like you are getting your monies worth and having it look like a Denali's interior instead of getting the Geo Prism look instead. I am sure that your red will be just awesome though as you really do have to go for what you want in the long run. :chevy:

same news from my dealer. truck is on it's way. still has no invoice on it. it's black and loaded less on-star. just wondering if it comes after the 28th what will they do about the rebate. Please let me know if anyone can. thanks!!!!!!!!!

Arnie.

Well it's really up to you. If they have a VIN on it you can do the sale now and get the current rebate and not risk waiting till after the 28th. But, CAN the rebates get any BETTER???? Who knows, Personally I'd probably play it safe, and take the money and run. Or can they not mark the vehicle sold w/o an invioce? I've always heard they only had to have a VIN, but I've been wrong before....once! lol

:jester:

IF YOU HAVE YOUR VIN YOU CAN CLOSE THE DEAL WITH THE DEALER HOWEVER THE BEST THING TO DO IS CLOSE THE DEAL ON MARCH 1ST AND IF THE REBATES ARE BETTER THEN YOU DATE EVERYTHING MARCH 1ST. THE DEALER CAN ALWAYS BACK DATE THE PAPER WORK BY ONE DAY. :flag:

Im not sure about the back dating, but if you do have a VIN you can finalize paperwork and lock in current incentives. Once you do that though, if better incentives come out, you will not be able to ge them. Incase you were wondering, I completed my paper work this past Thursday and now have a loan on my new truck but no new truck keys yet! How bad does that suck?!?! :P The 2 main reasons I chose to do it now....

1. I am comfortable with $2500 and I honestly don't expect it being anymore in the new round of incentives. I also don't expect it to be less. (I think it will remain the same)

2. My biggest concern...we don't really know if they plan to exclude the SS models in the next round of incentives. (that would sucks for lots of people) So, why not get it while its there? :)

On top of the $2500, I was able to snag $750 more becuase I am currently in a lease on a Chevrolet that is up in March. So my total rebates were $3250. :thumbs:

Justin :chevy:

Archived