Nos Ping

I was reading the manual about NOS and it says DON'T RUN NOS WITH A PERFORMANCE CHIP OR OTHER DEVICES THAT ADVANCE IGNITION TIMING! so obviously its gunna ping like crazy... but i KNOW some of you guys are running NOS with chips and commpresion boosters. how do you avoid the ping?

u must and i insist on MUST get a custom tune. without a tune the motor will and i mean WILL go boom.... ur gonna need proper fueling, (injectors and fuel pump depending on the shot) as well as a tuner that knows what hes doing....

good luck

I was reading the manual about NOS and it says DON'T RUN NOS WITH A PERFORMANCE CHIP OR OTHER DEVICES THAT ADVANCE IGNITION TIMING! so obviously its gunna ping like crazy... but i KNOW some of you guys are running NOS with chips and commpresion boosters. how do you avoid the ping?

really you need to read up on how nitrous works some more....the makers wouldnt put that specific warning on there just for chits and grins....now with that said, most chips put your timing at 30+ degrees which is way to much even just on motor....a chip is a waste of time and money....pull the chip out and throw it away go get a tune and read up some more on nitrous and keep from blowing your motor up....

what is NOS

A company logo. :jester:

There really isn't much of a thing with ping and nitrous. It's more of a boom. If you get spark knock while on the spray, you're likely going to be needing a ride home.

There really isn't much of a thing with ping and nitrous. It's more of a boom. If you get spark knock while on the spray, you're likely going to be needing a ride home.

so true and you'll be receiving that ride home from someone in my line of work