Tailgate Is Not Releasing

GabeDylan

Last week I used the bed in my truck to transport some light materials. It opened and closed ok when I loaded the materials, then it opened ok when I unloaded. The only thing different I did this time was stand on the tailgate getting into the back. I weigh approx. 215lbs. The gate closed ok and I did not try and put the gate down again until yesterday. When i went to pull the release, nothing. Like pulling at air. Its frozen. Any ideas.....?

so your not getting any movement from the handle, or is it pulling out just not allowing the gate to drop? Try pushing and pulling the tailgate a little at the top, maybe it closed funny not allowing it to release proberly

so your not getting any movement from the handle, or is it pulling out just not allowing the gate to drop? Try pushing and pulling the tailgate a little at the top, maybe it closed funny not allowing it to release proberly

I WOULD SUGGEST THE SAME THING (sorry for the caps)

If that does not work, pull off the bezel around the handle and check if the clips are not broke (the ones that attach the hanled to the latches) if they are you can find them at any autoparts store for acouple of bucks a pack.

i am willing to bet that one, or both of the clips are broken as stated above, and the linkages are hanging freely. just pull the cover off and fix it, that all i have to do, but im too lazy.