Brakes

bears1gb2

Didn't see those on summit, where can I purchase those at? Summit has SSB rotors and Hawks HP, Ceramic, LTS, HPS pads, not sure which is best. What is the difference between Earls lines and Russel lines? Hoping from experience on here to point me to the better set up. Thank you.

Edited by BrianM (see edit history)

Didn't see those on summit, where can I purchase those at? Summit has SSB rotors and Hawks HP, Ceramic, LTS, HPS pads, not sure which is best. What is the difference between Earls lines and Russel lines? Hoping from experience on here to point me to the better set up. Thank you.

For a pad, if you’re looking for low dust then you want to go with ceramic (also helps with noise). Now onto the lines, I've had both the Earl's and now Russell lines. If you have the chance to look at both side by side, you can tell that the Russell lines just "seem" (my opinion) to be made better. I had the Earl's break on me, so I may be a little biased at this point. If I'm not mistaken, the Russell lines are also slightly cheaper for the set.

I've recently read here of the crush washers on the Earl's SS lines corroding away causing brake fluid to leak and brake failure, IIRC, the crush washers on my Russell lines are the copper ones which are not prone to that problem (I think that the Earl's washers are nickel plated or something like that)