Did Dealer Change My Tune?

ssspringer

Took the SS to dealer this a.m. for a new cat.The truck runs great but my shift firmness seems softer.I know the Wheatley tunes are locked but can they change certain paramaters?? I don't think it's my imaganation...

Took the SS to dealer this a.m. for a new cat.The truck runs great but my shift firmness seems softer.I know the Wheatley tunes are locked but can they change certain paramaters?? I don't think it's my imaganation...

If the battery was disconnected at any point during the repairs, the PCM probably "reset" itself. -No big whoop!

When this happens it will simply need to relearn the all of the transmission shift trims, ect.

You will notice your truck will gradually start to shift firmer and run harder (like before) after a few hours of driving.

I don't think the dealership would touch the PCM for a catylitic converter replacement.

You should be fine. You will see. :thumbs:

If the battery was disconnected at any point during the repairs, the PCM probably "reset" itself. -No big whoop!

When this happens it will simply need to relearn the all of the transmission shift trims, ect.

You will notice your truck will gradually start to shift firmer and run harder (like before) after a few hours of driving.

I don't think the dealership would touch the PCM for a catylitic converter replacement.

You should be fine. You will see. :thumbs:

Thanks,thats what i'm hoping for. I didn't know what they had to do to clear the code.

I'm not sure if a TechII can overwrite a locked PCM or not. It is a powerful tool so its not out of the realm of possibilities that they reflashed a new OS and tune file. Maybe someone who is experienced with a TechII can chime in.

One quick way to tell is to take it to the speed limiter for a test. A dealer will not flash a tune with the speed limiter lifted and I seriously doubt they would just "adjust shift firmness". It would be a complete rewrite with a stock file INO. I am sure your Wheatly tune has the limiter bumped up.

Edited by Krambo (see edit history)

The dealer can not over write the tune,even with the tech II

I am the only one who can.

thanks guys

Wheatley

THANK YOU CHARLEY!! I still love my tune every time i hit it!! :cheers: So,a little relearn time and should be fine??