Will This Cam Work For A Magnacharger

08 chevrolet silverado 6.0 is what I have. This is the cam I have in there 218/232 .562/.595 LSA114. How will this cam work with a TVS1900 magnacharger? What about my stall opinions? I have a yank TT3000 in there now but

wanting to upgrade to a FLT trans. What stall converter can I use with a maggie?

Scooter,

Lets start with the stall converter. I am a fan of yank, as I had a TT2600 and now have an SC2600 billet converter from them. In my opinon, 3000 stall is just a touch too much for a TVS1900. Those blowers make gobs of torque down low. Thats why I run a SC2600 (ynk doent list an SC2600 on his website, I had him custom stall a SC3000 to an SC2600 and am happy I did). You wont want to run the TT3000 for long, it could let loose behind any radix kit. My TT didnt let go for 20k miles behind a radix, but I had a stock trans and didnt care if it did. If you are going to spend the money on an FLT trans, stick with a good billet converter like the SC series from yank, a billet PI (a favorite amongst alot of members), or a TCS which I dont know alot about, but hear good things. You dont want a $400 converter to grenade your $3k+ brand new trans. Anything in the 2500-2800 stall range will be an excellent choice for a radix. If you go with a centrifugal type blower like procharger or vortech, a 3000 stall would be better suited as they dont produce as much low end torque, but they make up for it in top end power.

The cam you selected would be fine if it had a little more LSA. The preferred choice of cams would be more along the lines of the GT2-3 or GT7 from lingenfelter.

http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merchant.m...tegory_Code=C31

http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merchant.m...tegory_Code=C31

Agree totally with Black2003SS, the TT converter won't survive long. Radix you want a 2600, for street/strip Radix you want 2800 - TT3000 is too loose for a Radix truck, you will loose ET.

The cam you show WOW has got a LOT of exhaust bias, that almost looks like a nitrous cam for use with factory exhaust LOL. I would investigate a cam change. I am not a fan of the Lingenfelter grinds, you will get another 20+ hp from the GT2-3 cam (which is not much IMO) but it is very tame at idle, I've heard a GT2-3 cam side-by-side with my truck (stock motor) and the difference at idle was very subtle. The truck with the GT2-3 was BSER's truck, and he got either a 12.1 or 12.2 out of his truck with that cam and a Radix @9-psi...

Mr. P. :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

The cam is from a reputable comp dealer. I have L92 heads on my 6.0 L76 with headers etc. Works really well with what I have now but still want more. I know the Yank TT3000 was only good for 400-450hp and thought I would need to replace it. I've been told alot of duration split is what you want when you have L92 heads.

You could also call www.livernoismotorsports.com and ask what they recommend as well. They have quite a bit of forced induction experience. Also, they did a custom grind for DetJoe on here for his L92 setup and from what I understand, he was very happy with what they gave him.

That cam looks about fine for the Maggie. I'd go with a 2600 stall, but the 3000 still might be fine with your setup with a good tire. With your truck having the L92 style cylinder head the big split on the cam is normal and some would go more for the blower. I think you'll be fine with how it is right now. How much boost are you looking for?