Rubbing Noise While Taking Off

1 Fast SS

This just started a week ago, and I can't seem to find it. Whenever I take off normal from a stop, and only off idle, the truck makes a rubbing noise from somewhere up front. It sounds like its coming from the front of the driver side, and it sounds like a rubbing noise. It's always two little rubbing noises. I checked the brake pads to see if they were sticking, but it's not that. It also seems to sound like the tire rubbing on the wheel well, but it couldn't do that if I was going straight. It's not very loud, but its annoying, and makes me wonder. Also sometimes, but not always, the engine light will flicker for a couple of seconds But then it will go off. Anyone else ever have this? Could something be slipping, or something in the tranny?

Terry

Edited by 1 Fast SS (see edit history)

hey Terry, not that this will help but,,, my wifes Grand Prix makes a noise when taking off and it sounds alot like your saying,,,It only does it for a split second then you don't hear it anymore :dunno: Wish I could help your always there with tips for everyone else,,,Anyone else have a clue???

No, but it brings something to mind. When I had my brakes done a few weeks ago, I wonder if it is a wheel bearing? Or if they did something in there. I'll have to call service tomorrow and ask. Thanks for the tips guys.

Terry

if it is a wheel bearing that you say, then while driving turn the steering wheel in both directions, pretty agressively and if the noise goes away it will be the the side the opposite in which the wheel is turned

What is the check for a bad wheel bearing? Do you just wiggle the front wheel while it is jacked up???

Jack up the front of the truck and spin the wheels, if you hear a loud grinding/scraping metal-on-metal sound, it's a bad wheel bearing.

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)